cleaning fuel tanks

Hello

Does any body know of a product for removing the brown waxy deposits from the inside of plastic trike fuel tank? I have the tank off and was considering steam cleaning if i cant find any thing more suitable?

regards gary

Guest AirBorne Flights

Hi Gary, from my experience when they are discolored its hard to get them back to a new condition. leave it with me, I will find out if i can come up with something to help you out.

Cheers Criso

HelloDoes any body know of a product for removing the brown waxy deposits from the inside of plastic trike fuel tank? I have the tank off and was considering steam cleaning if i cant find any thing more suitable?

regards gary

Hi Gary,

(info from microlighters.co.za egroup)

Polypropolene or Polyetheline, both are solvent resistant so MEK or Acetone can be used to degrease it.

The problem is with both that the plastic yellows with age and there is nothing you can do about that

Hope this helps.

Thanks mc guyver

I know acetone is readily available from the hardware store so i mite give that a try,as for MEK i hadnt heard of that until just now.i_dunno

thanks agen gary.

And.....

"Genthin" thinners has acetone in it > Add at least equal parts of kero (or mogas) and two handfulls of cheap ball bearings and keep shaking for as long as you think you are achieving results. Nev

• 5 months later...