An Open letter to all RA Aus Pilots

Not really but isnt it frustrating to hear people stating they saw, heard etc the moment when CASA boss decided we were not responsible enough because a few people did the wrong thing?

These events happened nearly 3 months ago. As someone already said by publicly ignoring it we condone it to new members/ learners and it may be considered OK

I guess these were just rumours at the time, eventually supported as possible fact. Hindsights a great thing.

Ive been involved in industries which were self regulated, over time it was percieved the industry wasnt being tough enough on itself, govt regulations came into effect. These are more expensive, much harder, more senseless and you have less input.

We cant (for long) have the good stuff with self reg without being ahead of the fun wreckers.

Guest Walter Buschor

Hi turboplanner,

fair point you make. I cannot add anything to it . Guess I'm just a bit too trusting in people staying within their's as well as their aircraft's limits.

I've always taken ( except n m young years ) the view that he who takes no risks lives

the longest.

If you want to fly aero's - go get an aerobatic plane and the required qualification. the same applies to low level flying and anything else you care to mention.

So in that sense yes I agree , weed out the rotten apples before we all pay for their stupidity.

safe flying

the grey nomad