Angle City?

Guest ozzie

Guest ozzie

I read an article about flying in the Phillapines i think at a place called Angle City

anyone flown there? Whats it like and requirerments.

Any one been to some more unusual less known places

i need a break from all this over reg madness. maybe just doing a few trips overseas each year would be better.

Ozzie

Guest ozzie

A FAA light sport pilot? how about just for ultralights.

a fellow Lazair mate in the States recommended i pick up a FAR103 Lazair cheap<4000$ and go fly the Badlands Canyons with him, just hop off the plane in LA, trailer to the site and just go fly. No licence no rego just go fly. when you get bored just trailer up and go somewhere else. when time to go home either sell or store it at his place till next time. trip to airventure could be interesting next year.

Just joking Oz.

The US is laid back alright, flew a Cherokee up the Grand Canyon a few years ago.

I'd booked with an instructor, but when I got to the Las Vegas light airport he looked at the gold leaf on the licence, gave me the keys and just said "No, you don't need me, you just go right on out there"

I told him I needed him for the radio and didn't have any maps, then went out to do the preflight as we do here while he took care of some calls.

I was in the seat beginning to to start up checks when he jumped in and said: "What the hell are you doing there?"

I told him and he said "Hell don't worry about that, just turn the key and go."

Off we went and shortly after, I got a dose of sphincteritis when I looked down and saw what appeared to be dozens of F15's parked side by side directly below us.

I must have screamed because he started checking all the instruments, and when I explained what would have happened over an Australian defence base, he just said "Nah, it's no problem here, they don't take any notice"

On the return I was right on the downwind leg when I saw a guy riding a piece of pipe driven by a lawn mower engine heading directly at me. We both diverted slightly to the right and the instructor gave him a wave and we continued the landing.

Guest Maj Millard

Ozzie, the badlands would be a great place for Lazair flying, looks a bit like a little Grand canyon. And right next to it is the prairies, grass for ever. If you get sick of flying in the badlands, just whip up and do some 'on the deck' prairie flying, which is what the Lazair was originally designed for anyway.

We stopped at the badlands on the way to Oshkosh by road. I remember standing there admiring the badlands (dinosaur country), and then just turning around and looking over the prairie, where you start to quickly see imaginary herds of Bison coming your way !. (We were on holidays OK). We could also see indians on horseback on far off hilltops.........Apache I think..................go do it !!................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif 016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif045_beg.gif.b05ea876053438dae8f282faacd973d1.gifbabe.gif.538cdeac3b1a1b72d121d00509ec140e.gif....................

Guest ozzie

yeah it's going to have to happen. one of the lazair freaks posted a series of short vids on youtube of his trips there. flying among some amazing rock formations and a winding river thru the canyon and not a soul to bother him. back to real grassroots stuff!

This sounds interesting. Phillipines, USA, where next. i should have flown when I worked in Singapore, go more than about 50 miles and you are international.

Guest ozzie

when i was passing thru Dubai on my way home from Italy i noticed a sign that said Aero cCub but i was on the motel bus and could not stop. has anyone checked it out?