W & B Jabiru

Guest Qwerty

Guest Qwerty

I have looked everywhere for detailed infor on W&B calcs for Jabiru. I am having difficulty getting reliable non-selfcontradictory information. I now want to do the calc for myself. Can anyone tell me what airfoil section Jabiru use, specificaly on the SP. What are the forward aft limits for centre of lift/CG for the SP.

Please dont suggest the Jab chart, I find that it is difficult/impossible to decipher.

Guest ozzie

Hmmm, try asking the RAAus for the information from the aircrafts type and model information data sheet (or whatever the RAAus call it) that would have been submitted to them when the aircraft's type was presentented to them as part of the data package during the 'certification' process.

alternatively the manufacture should have this information freely available.

whether this information is complete enough to do a weight and balance is another thing.

another thing if you have not done it already is source three accurate sets of scales, a good calculator and download a copy of that FAA publication from the other thread.

Guest Qwerty

The Jab is a 19 rego. I have the original weights and calcs and I have Jabiru's W&B calculated for this specific a/c but the information is contradictory in so many ways it makes my head spin.

I have access to calibrated, certified electronic cells (balances) of the correct capacity and accuracy.

If I can't get what I need here, I intend to call Jabiru tomorrow and have a detailed discussion with them about this subject.

Guest ozzie

do you really need to know the airfoil type? the info i have is just the mean aerodynamic chord. i left my reading glasses at work, so down load that weight and balance hand boo,k the process is not all that hard to do, plumb bob, chalk, bit of maths.

• 2 weeks later...

cofg ???

J230 foward c of g limit is 10 percent of MAC (mean aerodynamic chord ) all other jabs is approx 20 percent when flying without balast or bags is it to nose heavy ie full aft trim on aproach can you take your hands off the controls or will it race away????

I have not seen any other aircraft with a limit this far foward it seems a compromise in design to me any coments out there?strong.gif.dc81ffdb7807ef709604a09d84c59938.gif