Great Estern Fly-In Update

PaulN

Hi all,

Most of us are aware of the difficulties the organisers of The Great Eastern Fly-In at Evans Head have encountered this year. Today I rec'd the following from Gai Taylor with pretty exciting information about the outcome for this year and prospects for next 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif. Please give some thought to joining the fun at Kempsey tobolsterthe supportby the rec aviation community. Maybe even send your email words of encouragement to Gai and the committee at gaitaylor AT exemail dot com dot au.

Paul

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all going well and having fun flying. I wanted to let you know about where we are up to with the Great Eastern and what is happening on the weekend after Xmas.

As you all probably know, the Fly-In Committee decided to cancel this year's Fly-In due to a fairly untenable situation which was emerging with our local Council. This was a very difficult decision and one we believe was correct given the circumstances.

There were issues with proposed very large landing fees and charges for hire of the Aerodrome and for all aircraft attending and camping only in the sandy area east of the amenities block.

I would like to thank all of you who contacted us to say how disapointed you were and offering assistance in any way you could, this made a big difference to us as we really got to see just how much the Great Eastern is valued.

One of these offers has moved into full swing and I want to let you know about it.

KEMPSY NEW YEAR FLY-IN BENEFIT

Kempsey Flying Club offered to run an event to suppliment the Great Eastern until we were back on deck next year. We thought this was a great idea and they are in the process of dicovering all the fun things there are to do organising such an event!!

They are running the Kempsey New Year Benefit Fly-In to support the Great Eastern on the weekend after Xmas, usually our time All the details can be found on www.aeroclub.com.au and it would be great if you could pass this on to anyone you know and get them to pass it on as it would be really good to have a good roll up. They are having quite a gathering of antique aircraft, some joy flight operations and great food, a BBQ meal for pilots Saturday night and underwing camping. They could do with maybe a couple more commercial operators, so far a CT 4, trike and Cessna. So if think you might like to add to that give Graeme a ring on 6566 9231.

Their Aerodrome is also a WWII site and was part of transport operations during the war, ferrying aircraft north and south and other operations, so they are part of Evans Head historically.

The Future for the Great Eastern

I'm pleased, to let you know that we have moved on from this and after more positive discussions with Council over the last few weeks we are aiming to be on again next year. It seems that we all want to Fly-In to go ahead and if planning goes as we want it to, we'll be having some flying fun together again next year.

I would personally like to thank you all for your ongoing support for the Aerodrome and wish you a happy Xmas and great 2007 and I hope to see some of you over the New Year weekend.

Best Wishes

Gai

PaulN