Eaglet versus Echo Super

Guest mervart

Guest mervart

Hi!

Is there anybody who has an experience with both Eaglet and Echo Super? I fly Echo Super and wonder whether there are some differences in flight characteristics between it and the Eaglet. Thanks for responses.

Leo

• 2 months later...

Hi mate i know this is a bit old, the thread. Anyway since no one responded and i just did my eaglet conversion today. I found the eaglet, faster,slightly more stable, and around nice to fly. Very similiar to the echo super. Cheers

Guest Maj Millard

Gee dazza , more stable than the Super Echo...it must be good. I know the eaglet has a new improved dash set up. I found the Echo Super to be pretty impressive all round.............024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Hi Major, it felt more stable, their were a couple of factors i guess, the weather was quite stable, (we normaly get a fair bit of turbulence at times being surrounded by mountains ) i weigh about 96 kg, my instructor im guessing 90 kg. So weight helped. It seams to hold its line very well once trimmed, ( but so does the echo) if that makes sense, It was good to fly a new aeroplane with 12 hours on the clock. I enjoyed it. I have only done 1 hour in it so far.The dash board is something of a wow factor. Nice

• 1 month later...

G'day mervart, the Eaglet is such a beautiful machine to fly.

Differences and improvements on the P92 Super Echo are small but good. It handles in the air very similarly to the Super Echo, perhaps a little bit more stable, due to a few airframe design differences including a larger vertical stabiliser and rudder with a more sleek aft sweep. The Eaglet also has larger up-turns on its wingtips than the Super Echo, almost like little winglets, I imagine they have aerodynamic benefits.

Main differences are in the cockpit, for a start, the seat position has been changed so that you have a better view under and in front of the wing whilst sitting in the pilots seat, I find my view restricted in a turn in the Super Echo but this has been inproved in the Eaglet, the cockpit windows are also larger and more windows have been added so that from the pilots seat you can get a 360' view around and behind the aircraft. I believe the Eaglet has more legroom than the Super Echo as well. The instrument panel on the model I have been flying looks more like a modern GA style layout, unlike any I have seen in other Tecnam models, more like a new model Cessna and well thought out. The Eaglet uses a key for the left/right magneto (c.d.i) and starter instead of switches, and circuit breakers instead of fuses. It is a great cruising machine, so roomy and comfortable, and very pretty!

Happy Flying!

I only have a few ours in both the super echo and eaglet. The only thing I find difficult with the echo is access and visability as my head is basically in the roof. I also cannot see the wings in the echo as opposed the the cockpit layout in the eaglet. That said I would say the echo might have slightly better forward vis as you seem to be sitting up a bit further.

Guest Maj Millard

Yes those larger upturned winglets can have a huge overall effect on the whole wing, by either speeding up or delaying the air departure off the wingtips..................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif