Bulk purchase of Kannad XS3 PRICE ??

Guest Qwerty

Guest Qwerty

Hey guys, its going to be difficult for Ian to negotiate the best price if the best he can say to the supplier is something like "I've got 8 firm orders and maybe another 6" (BTW that's CLOSE QUOTATION not 6 inches)

The only other PLB in the hunt costs $650 but it is twice as big and heavy I presume. Ian already has the Kannad at $700 ($200 below retail) and they are a better unit. I'd rather the Kannad at $700 than the alternative at $650 and Ian will be able to do better than $700.

I think it would help if a few of you could be a little more certain. Am I right Ian??

Cheers, Qwerty

Firstly for others see the thread that this relates to here at:

http://www.recreationalflying.com/forum/avionics/46104-bulk-purchase-plbs-kannad-xs3.html

I have sent an email off for price quotes at 10, 15 and 20 units.

I spoke to the Australian rep last night on the phone and they said they can only go so far down themselves but if the quantity is big enough they will then try and twist Kannad's arm as well for a special order.

I guess as a benchmark we could be looking at $599 but who knows hopefully it could be a little lower

Guest Maj Millard

What's wrong with the GME with GPS at around $580.00 retail when I bought mine about four months ago. I can't really see the Kennard doing the job any different for the extra $$$$$. The GMEs are locally produced and a quantity deal should be possible. There was a 2-3 week wait period when I ordered mine, but they may have supply sorted by now ? Just a thought.................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Qwerty

Maj, Some of us live on islands and water crossings are a fact of life. I want a GPS PLB that works in the ocean. If I'm in it, I want out before hypothermia makes life uncomfortable. THAT is why I want a Kannad. :raise_eyebrow: :thumb_up: 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Guest Cloudsuck
What's wrong with the GME with GPS at around $580.00 retail when I bought mine about four months ago. I can't really see the Kennard doing the job any different for the extra $$$$$. The GMEs are locally produced and a quantity deal should be possible. There was a 2-3 week wait period when I ordered mine, but they may have supply sorted by now ? Just a thought.................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Got my GME (GPS) for $529 from Witworths. It is a great ans robust unit.