Jabiru Reco Engine Question

Relfy

I was looking at a jabiru add and saw that a reco engine is $3000 less when purchasing that way. Does anyone know what Jabiru actually replace/upgrade etc in their reco engines? Is it a total overhall of a lot of components or just the standard rings, pistons valves etc?

Obviously the factory will fill me in but i just wanted to throw it open to my learnered friends in here! 040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif

In the industrial world, a Reconditioned, say, gear box would result in a complete re run of the interior, only using the outer shell... and in some cases if the tolerances on some of the components allow they might be used again, ie drive shafts, clutch pack housings etc...

But yeah, would be interesting to hear what Jab do to theirs. It would depend a lot on the original condition of the engine though I'm thinking. I does in my case when we recondition an engine.

I bought one a few years ago and it is zero timed. They go through all the components and if they are worn beyond new specs they are rewplaced. I got a list of all the new items in mine and there was very little of the original engine left.

They are a good buy in my opinion.

More..

And if the solid lifter is available. IF you don't mind pulling the cowls, I suggest that you consider that option. While a lot like to leave the engine alone, monitoring the changes to the tappett clearances gives you a good idea of what is happening to the engine, Nev.