Cruze verses streak III

Hi all:

I am looking to upgrade to a 912 in the near future and was wondering what people think of the cruze wing verses the streak III. I have flown both and feel that the cruze is the better handling wing. I plan to do lots of cross country but have found the streak a little too pitch sensitive for my liking. I currently fly an edge x with wizard III. My short term plan is to obtain an instructors rating and do some training in the 912 with whatever wing I get. I haven't ruled out keeping the edge x too as it has a brand new engine and was recently upgraded to the tundra. Over to you.

Regards: Bluey.

Bluey:

My instructor uses and swears by the cruze wing. When I bought my trike, I went for the cruze as it is a stable wing with reasonable performance. I can't comment on the streak as I've not flown one, but if you're planning to do instructing, I can tell you that the cruze is a good wing for learners.

Hi Bluey,

If you're planning to keep your Edge-X with the Wizard-III as well as get a new XT-912 I'd be looking at making the 2 trikes as different as possible to maximise the variety of flying that can be done so I'd be getting an XT-912 with the new SST wing to compliment the Edge-X with the Wizard-III.

Another alternative would be to sell the Edge-X and get an XT-912 tundra with two wings, a Merlin (slow wing) and an SST (fast wing).

I presently have XT-912 Tourer Streak-III and an Airborne Buzzard Tundra (2 or 3 generations before Edge-X) 503 Wizard-II.

HGFA allows you to register two wings with your trike:thumb_up:, not sure about RAA.

Cheers,

Glen

Hi Bluey,If you're planning to keep your Edge-X with the Wizard-III as well as get a new XT-912 I'd be looking at making the 2 trikes as different as possible to maximise the variety of flying that can be done so I'd be getting an XT-912 with the new SST wing to compliment the Edge-X with the Wizard-III.

Glen

Glen:

I have a friend who has bought a 912 with the SST wing. Neither he nor my instructors are really that impressed with it. He says that it is heavier to control and slower to respond than the streak, has a longer takeoff and faster landing speed. To be sure it is faster in the air, but then speed is not everything. Both of my instructors said that they wouldn't use it for training.