Hi fellow members, I am not all that good on the computer and am much more comfortable flying . Have only recently returned to the air on discovering the Jabiru 160 and am now a 75 year young enthusiast ! ! If only recreational a/c had been available in 1974 when I earned my RPPL then in spite of Cyclone Tracy I could have carried on. Best Regards to all, Ken.

Hi Ken ,

Welcome to the site and recreational flying . There are many of 'us oldies' here ( I only started to learn at 62 ), so that may make you feel better . The J160 takes a bit to master, particularly on touchdown and rollout , but other than that , is a nice predictable a/c to fly - mine has 80 hours up now and I would'nt want anything else .

Regards

Bob ( 19-4900 )

G'day Ken. Welcome to the site. I don't know how many retirees or even sexy geraniums there are here on the site but it must be several. Flying is a good way to spend the kids inheritance I think, especially when I hear my son is considering retirement in 2 years time

Commiserations , you are part of an misunderstood brotherhood - yes the J160 is touchy on touchdown - the challenges though is what keeps us young!

Welcome from a 65 year of XXXX who still brags about his early days of wisdomless ( ?)flying

Congratulations, Ken. You have done well.

How long ago did you leave Darwin/arrive in Warwick?

As a young & naïve B727 flight engineer with Ansett I was rostered to fly MEL-ADL-ASP-DRW on Christmas Day (1975?). About all that I packed for that trip was a pair of shorts & other work clothes to assist with the clean-up. We got as far as ADL and they sent us home. I was a bit miffed about that, and was never involved with the following air evacuation.

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif