Hey

Guest Rory

Hi there

I recently flew solo for the first time so thought it would be good to become a member of this forum. I flew solo before I turned 16, which I am really pleased about (not trying to brag though, just thought people might be interested). 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Anyhow, it is great to become a part of this flying community.

Regards,

Rory

:thumb_up:

Sweet! another young'un... Welcome along Rory!

Awesome to hear about your solo flight, Have you done much more solo flying since?

I hope you'll find this place as great as I did, join in and have fun...! :thumb_up:

I flew solo at 17 and also completed my Pilot cert and X-country at 17 (there is a bit of a story in the latest Raa Mag about it) Am 18 now and loving every bit of it...!

Keep it up mate, and I hope you get to fly as much as possible - don't forget to be safe as well!

:big_grin: :big_grin:

Thanks for the welcome.

I havent done much more solo flight recently, mostly because of problems with the aircraft and weather difficulties, but i have 4 more solo hours and then im onto my Certificate Test. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Regards,

Rory

Hey guys here's something random,

In the garage, I found the most hilarious book recently called "practical flying"... I was really surprised when i opened it that it was a flying training manual from 1917 !!!!! I skipped to the 'solo' part and it was the funniest read ever! Apparently if you're a good horse rider you'll make a great pilot hahahaha so there ya go man! ..If we could only do today what those guys did back then!!!! ...I guess I kinda learned how to tune a gnome rotary from it tho LOL... scary much... Anybody interested in reading it??

Adam :)

Sweet! another young'un... Welcome along Rory!Am 18 now and loving every bit of it...!

:big_grin: :big_grin:

Hey Tomo... you're a young'un?? at 18 you're as old as the hills 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Welcome Rory,

Enjoy the addiction and keep us up to date with your flying

Fly safe

Bec

Welcome Rory and congratulations on your first solo. I bet you still dream about it most nights.

Old Man Tomo has now become a star in our favorite mag, and I heard that his autographs may be available for the price of 1hrs flying, through the Clear Prop Shop. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

But don't worry about it, next year it'll propably be your turn, and good luck to the pair of you.:thumb_up:

Good luck mate, keep us posted about your progress.

Kind regards

Planey

Old Man Tomo has now become a star in our favorite mag, and I heard that his autographs may be available for the price of 1hrs flying, through the Clear Prop Shop. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Thanks for the compliment Planey... :thumb_up: