Dogs in aeroplanes

kaz3g

I know its off topic, but that story reminds me of an antigravity machine i once invented.

So, a cat will always land on its feet right??.. and toast always lands buttered side down when you drop it. So, you strap a peice of buttered toast to the back of a cat and drop it. Hey presto, a hovering cat.smoking.gif.2d8aabfab26579c9810e4f07a330ce61.gif sorry, xmass eve, a few scotchie poo's.

Kaz

For the benefit of others; which you may remember from the crash comics.

Dog loved flying in the Auster, no problems but time moves on and there was a replacement. Apparently (after much BASI work, no witnesses) new dog wasn't quite so keen and hid under the pedals so crunch and brew up.

Merv, you're seriously sick!! (but I XXXXed myself laughing at the mental image of your invention). With or without the jam toasted cat, all the best wishes to you and family for a pleasing Christmas.

I have no doubt that I'd be replaced by the dog in a flash (in the pax seat only) if the wife had half a chance...QUOTE]

Correct. Marco would be there is a second :) (BTW he is a Rottie so would be about the same weight as Stan... LOL)

I will however look into getting him a permit when I get my own plane.

Fly safe

Bec

Guest Maj Millard

Didn't the old boys in the 20s always carry a cat with them in the cockpit ?. Some of them (Rosco Turner) actually preferred a lion !. Theory was if you flew into IFR unplanned, and ended arxx up, the cat would always end up the right way, so a poor mans artifical horizon it was.

One story went that one particular pilot always threw his cat out on downwind,for the hell of it, and the thing would always be there to greet him when he taxied in !!.....

Nothing wrong with a Scotchie poo or two this time of year Merv............................jive.gif.035c4a81724c712198cdb1757d6fb926.gifjive.gif.f008a653b325d9100ae93979ed617644.gif

• 7 months later...
Guest Howard Hughes

I hate to be a killjoy but I really don't like that video! If the force was enough to remove the guys headset, then the dog hits down with an almighty thud! Unlike cats, dogs do not land on all fours!049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

hi KazI'm planning to take my dog flying with me. Where can I Buy Mutt Muffs???

There was a woman pilot used to fly the 'Pink Panther' ultralight in SE Qld many years ago.

Very good pilot, won the day at the spot landing comps at Watts Bridge one year.

She carried her poodle everywhere in her little aircraft.

Just wrapped his big furry ears down with an elastic bandage around and around the head.

Then bundled the dog up like a baby and tucked it down beside the seat, with it's head just over the edge of the cockpit so it could see around.

Dog seemed to love it, better than riding in a ute even.

Of course the dog does have to have big floppy ears to do that....

JG

Guest ozzie

There is a company with a stand at airventure that has every thing for your dog including ear muffs and a see thru oxy mask that fits over the dogs head. looks weird. i'll see if i can dig up a photo of it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,.......would love to see a photo of your dog strapped in with his mutt muffs on!!

I've never taken a dog flying. I don't have a photo of the lady with her poodle all wrapped up for flight, but I do love this photo from a fella in a 701 in USA. I've posted it before, but will do again cause it's such a classic.

I also know of a mustering pilot in central Qld who used to carry his working dogs in his Drifter in a cage mounted where the rear seat was. He needed the dogs for the yard work after the sheep were in. The dogs didn't like flying much, probably due to that very high noise in the back seat of a Drifter. They didn't have any muffs of course, life's pretty rough and ready for such working dogs, and their owners for that matter. Nobody gets pampered, out there.....

CIMG1137.thumb.JPG.1536aae7b8d4297ea00ce22ae6dc0d0b.JPG