Ebay Lightwings X 2.........

Guest Maj Millard

Guest Maj Millard

Notice two well priced Lightwings on Ebay yesterday in aircraft for sale, one 912 powered, the other with a new bluetop 582. Both looked like decent buys....I'm watching just out of interest, to see what they go for......also a nice low time 912ULS VG Savannah............................................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Yeah Maj, I've also been watching them both. Have twice since Sat requested more info from the vendor on the 912GR but no response as yet. Seems a bit curious but maybe they don't get close to a computer too often. Not really interested in the 2 str in SA, but hope to have a L/wing taildragger taking the place of the two thrusters currently in my hangar sometime in the not-too-distant future. Who's got one? cheers

Guest Maj Millard

Yes I've sent for some info on the 912 one also. I'm assuming it's an 80hp but may be 100hp. It's a heliview like mine and should be ok if it hasn't been too abused...even then they handle it pretty good.......what did you need to know ?, I've got one the same.The 582 one is quite old, as it has the smaller tail, but probabily a nice little plane to fly, I have ferryied one with a 532 in it and it went great.....................................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

The seller's rep got back to me today and confirmed that all but 20 of the 1120hrs TT were flying school hours with a school that I actually did my AUF certificate with. Even tho it's close to home I guess I'll sit this one out. Not that I'd be tempted to buy an aircraft off ebay anyway (or a new wife) ((or a good dog)), Cheers Riley

The seller's rep got back to me today and confirmed that all but 20 of the 1120hrs TT were flying school hours with a school that I actually did my AUF certificate with. Even tho it's close to home I guess I'll sit this one out. Not that I'd be tempted to buy an aircraft off ebay anyway (or a new wife) ((or a good dog)), Cheers Riley

Where was the school based Riley?

Pud

Blue Sky Aviation. Started giving tuition at York Town airstrip (not the sky-diving strip) with a couple of Gazelles then moved to Beverley for a few years with a Lightwing added to the fleet. Ultimately moved to Narrogin where they were operating a Jab in conjunction with the Narrogin Flying Club. The school closed sometime last year when the CFI decided to give up fighting with RAA and upgraded his qualifications to ATPL.

Cheers

Blue Sky Aviation. Started giving tuition at York Town airstrip (not the sky-diving strip) with a couple of Gazelles then moved to Beverley for a few years with a Lightwing added to the fleet. Ultimately moved to Narrogin where they were operating a Jab in conjunction with the Narrogin Flying Club. The school closed sometime last year when the CFI decided to give up fighting with RAA and upgraded his qualifications to ATPL.Cheers

Thanks Riley,

I had a look on ebay after I posted last night because I thought it may be Blue Sky Aviation you were talking about. I did quite a lot of flying with Garath and my logbook says I have 2.7 hours on the aircraft for sail on ebay. He also has/had another Lightwing. I did most of my flying in the Gazelles out of Beverley and Narrogin and some from the Wongan Hills airfield. Garath was doing his ATPL whilst I was doing my Nav with him from Beverley, it was at this time he was not happy (maybe they weren't happy with him) with RAAus and it all got too hard it seems. I heard just the other day he does some contract slashing of grass for FESA so I don't know what happened to his commercial aviation aspirations. He's a nice guy so I hope all is well with him.

Cheers, Pud

Guest Maj Millard

Just checked and the 582 one has ended, without it appears one bid, don't know if it will reappear. As far as the other one having flight training time. I maintained one up here in the North that was used exclusivly for training, and went thru three engines in it's time. When it was sold it had 3000+ hours on it, and I ferried it South for the buyer.

It was still a fine aeroplane, flew straight and still solid as a rock, and it took me Townsville to Temora comfortably in just over two days. They are built really well, and everything is easily and cheaply replaced when worn. Like say a DC-3, no reason why they just can't go on forever with the right care, and a new engine now and then.................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif