Piper Unveils PiperSport LSA

Thruster87

haha, a cat amongst the jabiru's....

At least I am not the only one with a low wing all metal Rotax powered aircraft around here anymore!!!!

PS. I don't drink Bundy Rum either.006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

• 4 months later...

Wow, short foray into light sport there from Piper. Seems a shame, I don't think I've heard any horror stories about dealing with Czech Sport Aircraft, I wonder what the problem was. I guess that hands the "name brand" for light sport over to Cessna then, sounds like Piper has decided that jets are the way of the future. Way of the future. Way of the future.

Piper is having some problems ATM, a couple of long term Personnel at the Top of the Management.Have left the company.They left not long after Imprimas bought the majority of company from American Capitol.94% I think. Apparently they put off 60 staff September last year who where working on the Piper Jet. Maybe the LSA doesnt fit in their new business Model.Although I though it would a product you would want to keep. Just thinking out loud.

PS-FWIW- Mooney just sacked all but 10 of its remaining 53 employees. They are looking for investors.It is all doom and gloom ATM in GA production, unless you companies name is CIRRUS.

Piper have had a history of instability for some time now. They almost went under in the early ninties. Putting your badge on anothers product does not seem to work.

Guest basscheffers

Always looked like a great aircraft, but they added so much luxury to it over the SportCruiser that you ended up with the same anaemic usable load of a SkyCatcher. Plus not having designed it in-house, as opposed to the C162, it was always going to be a "me too" aircraft instead of a "real" Piper.