Fitting trike in Hanger

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out the best way to put my trike in a standard hanger without having to take the wing off enterly.

I have read about a few options of lowering the nose of the wing onto a trolley and pushing it in without actually disconnecting the wing from the mast. Can anyone provide some advise. Photos would be nice too, if available.

Thanks

Les

Hi LesHow much do you need to drop it

If it is only a small amount you can lower the front tube onto the base

bar and use some sort of bracket to keep it in place

Hi Les/Ray

The way we do it is to get a short length of high pressure white plastic water pipe (approx 500mm long and 40mm dia) and a T piece to fit. These sizes are from memory and not measured!

Cut the Tpiece in half (the top of the T) and then assemble it onto the short length of pipe.

Drill a hole in the length of pipe (approx 150mm from the bottom) and insert a bolt and nut to stop it sliding down onto the dash.

This then drops onto the the base from where you have removed your down tube.

it would also be better to sleeve the pipe with a smaller pipe to have less movement.

Drop the wing and away you go.

This sounds simple (and cheap) which is what I am after, however I am having trouble picturing it. Sorry to be a pain but I don't supoose you would be able to draw up a quick diagram of how it fits together as well as how it is used?

This sounds simple (and cheap) which is what I am after, however I am having trouble picturing it. Sorry to be a pain but I don't supoose you would be able to draw up a quick diagram of how it fits together as well as how it is used?

When I am next at the airfield, I will take a picture. Let me have your mobile number and I will send it 2 U.

Very simple, To drop your wing you would disconnect your down tube and then lower the mast. The tube protruding from the dash is where the hard plastic pipe fits,and the mast would then rest on part of the cut T piece.You are then free to wheel the trike into the hangar! (I presume the mast drops in a similar way to the Airborne?)

Cheers,

Len

Thanks LenDifferent than how I had been told to do it

And sounds much better.

I assume the A bar goes out front similar to when you lower the wing?

That is correct, the down tube would then be resting on the control bar with the control bar being just off the ground.:thumb_up: