Hi from the Outback

Outbackflyer

Hi all,

I have just returned to Oz from Zambia where I have been working flying microlights at Victoria Falls for 3 years, (06/07/&09).

Now back in Alice Springs, no aircraft (yet) but hope to find a trike in March to resume flying here as winter approaches, so I will lurk around the classifieds section here.

Have been flying since 1990, Gyrocopter first then some time in Robinson Helicopter and Jet Ranger, then progressed UP to an Airborne Xdege in 1995 which I used here for mustering and photography/camping trips.

I really like the look of this site and look forward to the recourses here from you.

Regards, John

Great work John, Welcome along... :thumb_up: (one liner again 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif)

You'll find this place exceptionally friendly, helpful, fun... and a whole lot of other good things as well.

Keep it up, :thumb_up:

Welcome back to Aus !

Guess you were working for Batoka - is it still run by Kevin ? We met him a few years ago when we passed through Livingston & Maramaba (?) on a trike trip round southern Africa. He was very helpful planning the legs through Zambia as was Nico who worked for him at the time.

Cheers

John

Hi John, yes, Kev is still the Chief Pilot, but Nico has moved on.

We had sadly very few flying visitors there the last years due to Political... well you would know the story.

Great place and lots of good times there.

I posted some pics which will bring back memories for you in the Photo section.

Cheers John

Hi John, yes, Kev is still the Chief Pilot, but Nico has moved on.We had sadly very few flying visitors there the last years due to Political... well you would know the story.

Great place and lots of good times there.

I posted some pics which will bring back memories for you in the Photo section.

Cheers John

Yes I know that story - we did 8 or 9 border crossings and the politics/ bureaucracy made each one a saga ! Nice pics BTW