Just to clear up a few things!

ndy

Hi all, just after some clarity on a few things, I know there has been mention of this before but just wondering about cross crediting hours, I have read that the hours you do in RA-Aus can be used to obtain your PPL but what about the CPL? Can I use some or all of the hours I have already done? Also, is it a challenge going from left hand throttle right hand stick to left hand yoke right hand throttle? To me it seems like it would be a struggle to swap hands (like playing golf opposite handed), and does it take long to master?032_juggle.gif.8567b0317161503e804f8a74227fc1dc.gif

G'day andy.

Its true, RAA hours can be counted towards a PPL, and also a cpl, provided you are not doing a 150 hour G.S.T free cpl course, The 200 hour course allows ALL your raa hours to be counted.

Its not difficult to swap hands. It takes a little getting used to, but nothing like trying to swing a golf club left handed.

cheers

Hi sseeker, in my experience, you can get a GA school who will welcome you with open arms, and recognise your hours.Then there are GA schools who dont. Even though they should. Best to ring around. If there is a dual school GA/RAA near you, that might be your best option.Cheers

Also, is it a challenge going from left hand throttle right hand stick to left hand yoke right hand throttle? To me it seems like it would be a struggle to swap hands (like playing golf opposite handed), and does it take long to master?032_juggle.gif.8567b0317161503e804f8a74227fc1dc.gif

Doesn't take much to "swap hands". Took me around 6hrs total going from GA to RA (Jabiru), and most of that was getting the landings sorted. I now instruct in Jabiru's, sitting on the right side, and the transition for controls wasn't hard (the different view from the right hand seat however took some time to get used to!)