More leg room

Kenny

Hi I seem to recall a post in the savannah section of someone having moved the pedals forward

in their Savvy however I cant seem to find it.

Being a little long in the leg I would much apreciate some xtra leg room can anyone sugest something.

I have had a bit of a look at it and it seems if the pedals can be moved forward the toe brakes

would hit the firewall (perhaps a hand brake could be used)

I look forward to some ideas

Cheers Ken

Kenny,

I shortened the tie rod ends to their minimum using the available thread. (This is a pain as Mr ICP was too cheap to fit left and right hand threads to the rods.) Perhaps picked up an extra inch or two. No problem with the brakes at all.

Was quite a noticeable difference when I flew the mate's Savvy that was left long.

But....you have one of the best Savvy men right there in Kilcoy, why not ask JG?

Good luck. If you come up with a really good idea please let us all know.

Mark D.

Guest Walter Buschor

Hi Ken,

As you know I'm pretty tall ie:6'3". I too shortened the tie rod ends as far as possible but the also laid the brake pedals forward ie: as flat as possible. I find this totally acceptable and don't need any more room for my legs. I suppose that if the brakes are too upright it would be very uncomfortable on the heels. You suggested a handbrake would be ok. This does suggest to be that the brake and not the rudder pedals are "at fault" .Give it a try and let us now how you go.

fly safe

Walter