SE Qld Reconnaissance day trip

Tomo

G'day all... And no, it's not a military exercise!

Still thinking about it at this stage, but I'm thinking of heading west a bit sometime next week to have a bit of a look around at all the water they've been talking about.

But due to flying being a bit exy, I wondered if there was anyone around that would care to accompany me along, and you know, share the load a bit?

Most likely will be going in the J120, depart from Dalby, and head to St. George or something... or whatever you want.

Once again it all depends whether the weather is going to open up for a bit to allow the curious air drivers a bit of a look around. At this stage Tuesday is looking better, if Monday turns out Ok, it could be then, and the rest of the week is when I earn a living, so that is a right off. Also more rain is predicted then.

Can pick up anywhere along the track if required.

:thumb_up:

No worries David... I'd come pick you up, but don't really fancy going over the range with all these clouds about at the moment... another time maybe.

Decca, I really would, if you want to share the load! but you might have to give me a bit more time than one day.... ;)

Hi Tomo, will be interested to hear about what you see if you get there next week. Am flying from W.A. to Bundy in a J230 leaving Mon 15th March, and had planned Bourke -> St George -> Bundy. Wondering if we might need to divert south to avoid areas if the airfield is damaged &/ fuel supplies are contaminated (naturally, will be calling ahead and choosing alternate route if that's the case).

Could be heading west on Saturday... rain looks like it'll be away. Though could be very windy! makes for a smoothish flight though... :thumb_up:

100kts cruise (can up it a bit), technically I shouldn't go above 6k ft (yet), but what ever is a safe altitude generally.

Guest Sharp End

Cool, that's Airtourer territory. You may have company as in "in company"! (Got to clear it with the boss.) :thumb_up:

Guest Sharp End

Great stuff Tomo. Sorry mate, the coast is being battered, so no way for us to accompany you, 25kts plus makes this old aviator turn to jelly! 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

You're not wrong there Sharp End, even the kookaburras came walking up for their feed this afternoon. I'm developing serious withdrawal symptoms and if the weatherguessers are to be believed it's only going to get worse if that Fijian lady, Ului comes avisiting!

Great stuff Tomo. Sorry mate, the coast is being battered, so no way for us to accompany you, 25kts plus makes this old aviator turn to jelly! 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Yes, was a shame you couldn't come, there's always another time.

Thanks