Temora Natfly and The National Aerobatic Championships in Parkes

Captain

For those of you that are attending Natfly at Temora over Easter '10, you might like to keep in mind that the National Aerobatic Championships are being held in Parkes, which is just a hop, step and scenic flight to the NNE.

I have called in there a few times in recent years and if you are interested in that type of action, it might be worth a day-trip or a stop-over on the way in or out.

Regards Geoff

Nice... have you got any info on the aero's at Parkes Capt'n? Will be flying passed, might call in one way or the other if it's exciting enough.

The information package on the aerobatic contest is online here.

The NOTAM will be fairly vague however this diagram indicates where all the action is.

i.e. right over the airfield from 4000 ft AGL to 330 ft AGL so I suggest keep your circuits wide and don't overfly the field - some-one will talk to you on CTAF to tell you what is going on.

The good news is that Natfly at Temora is on a different radio frequency - it has been painful in recent years with Narromine and Parkes on the same frequency.

For those of you that are attending Natfly at Temora over Easter '10, you might like to keep in mind that the National Aerobatic Championships are being held in Parkes, which is just a hop, step and scenic flight to the NNE.I have called in there a few times in recent years and if you are interested in that type of action, it might be worth a day-trip or a stop-over on the way in or out.

Regards Geoff

I probably should have added a warning to the above post that those travelling to/from Temora over Easter should skirt Parkes unless you want to land there.

In the past the organisers have always facilitated aircraft landing in and around the competition and you don't have to wait long, if at all, but be aware that overflying is an issue.