All stations

:rotary:G'day all,

Got the flying bug back, started flying GA in 1987, finished up in 2000. Have flown Tabagos/Trinidads and Warriors, plus a few hours in Citabrias. Looking at building a kit, maybe Himax. Cant believe how expensive GA has become, rec flying might be the answer.

Happy landings, Steve

Guest Decca

Hi Steve, welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure I know what a Himax is, but Mr Google will soon show me.

Recreational flying certainly has some cost effective answers, it just depends how many seats you need in the aeroplane (and a few other options) to decide whether to go ppl or not.

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Hi Steve, welcome to the forums.Recreational flying certainly has some cost effective answers, it just depends how many seats you need in the aeroplane (and a few other options) to decide whether to go ppl or not.

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Welcome to the forums Steve.

That Decca fellah has many of the right answers, even though he's younger than me:big_grin:.

If you only want to take the mother-in law for a spin, there's a multitude of aircraft of aircraft to choose from.

However, if you need something larger? He may have the right contacts for one of his old 727's.

Keep us posted.

Regards

Planey.

Welcome steve, a few of us here have had breaks from flying as well mate, from time to time. I was similar to you stopped in 2000, restarted in 2008. I flying for good, now, no more breaks, life is to short. Cheers

Thanks for the welcome. So Decca, you used to drive B727's I can assume. My dad was a F/E on B727-100 for a few years before flying B747's. I grew up as a RAAF Brat when dad flew P3-C's, so have been involved in aviation since I was born. Planedriver, I have been out to The Oaks a couple of times over the years. I'll have to get out there again and convert my licence over to RA, can you recommend a school over there. Dazza, I hope this was my only break too, yes life is too short, something I only realised late last year. Happy landings, Steve

Guest Decca

Thanks, Steve. Like Dad on the 727-100, I only flew behind the pilots, as F/E. Which airline? What does the "T" stand for? I.e. what's Dad's name? Send me a personal message if you don't want to stay public.

Decca.024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif