ColdStream

I haven't landed at YCEM, but have flown close by (from YLIL).

Nothing much to add to the replies to your thread on the other forum - the Tecnam is a great trainer.

Have you thought of trying Lilydale - choose between the Jabs or the Warriors, and a great team of instructors.

Cheers

GK

you need to take insect repellant with you as the flies out number the planes. Gravel runway, the airfeild is shared with parachutist. Not a bad little country airfield I fly out of there in the skyfox.

IN A SENSE that i tried to book and i couldnt get in for 2 weeks

Maybe so - but that speaks heaps for the demand for training there. Frankly, if I tried to book into a school and they said fine, drop around in half an hour I'd be a bit worried - that'd mean they have no-one wanting to train there.

Once you get into the booking cycle, you can be flying several times a week - go for it! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Yep, it can be hard to get in so once you break into it, book lessons well in advance. I've started booking lessons about a month in advance - at the moment I'm actually booked through until the end of April (3 missions p/w). When I started lessons I was booking as I went and sometimes it was 2-4 weeks between lessons so I've gotten into the hang of just booking a month at a time.

And as Graeme said, if it's busy that means it's popular and people must be pleased with the quality of instruction there. :)

Since we're all talking about times, I drive 30-40 mins each way and it's worth every one. :)

l havent any problems but then again fly midweek.

Asked about making a booking for that day, and the answer was most weekdays they can accomedate me.

regards Bruce

Lilydale is a great spot and the aircraft are in pretty good nick. I have done a couple of work trips in the Jabs are they perform without fault. The circuit can be fairly busy at times and is a good experiance to be interacting with the GA world if you are a fresh pilot. Jono runs a good shop.

The only thing that holds me back from using the aircraft for a bit of personal freedom is the trip there. 1 1/2 hours each way makes it a long day but as I only live 10mins from the Tooradin strip I tend to hang around there.

Coldstream always looks busy when I head over the top.. There is not much in the way of time / distance differance between the two if you are coming from the eastern Suburbs. The strip looks fairly narrow.. Might try a few circuits to see what it's like next time I head up the valley for a 'spin'.

Gibo