whos coming to gyro nationals in wonganhills??

Would love to be there country kid but I'm working on a hangar construction at North Gabbin which is probably 1hr 20mins by road East of Wongan. I have friends in Wongan who, its about time, I visited too;)

Tell me; is the roadhouse in Wongan a Caltex one?

Pud

im not entirly sure but i supose you want vortex 90, um i think there would be some there but by memory the road house is either a peak or gull, i will endevour to find out

Nah just unleaded as I would be driving in if I come. I have a Caltex fuel card is all.

Pud

Well I really wish I could make it (being a SLAC WA hosted event and all) but I'm off on a 1 week golf trip across the Nullarbor!

Well there you go... What happens if you hit the ball over the edge? 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

um its just a "fly-in" for the weekend operate from a different strip. catch up with other aviators, everything is put on by the locals :D haha if you go at some stage you will be eating some of our prime lamb :D under wing camping or rooms at the caravan park. just a weekend of fun!! if i can go.

Heard a really funny and descriptive name for Golf CK. But it's not for use in polite company..025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Cheers!

Like:

Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden? :ah_oh:

Did you know Golf is no longer a rich man's sport? There are millions of poor players... 091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

Oh don't get me started, I mayen't stop! :black_eye:

Just out of interest, what goes on at the Gyro Nationals?099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gifPS: I'm not attending.

As stated before, its just a real good get together, we try to move it around each year so next years one i think is in the top of NSW, a pity i cant get to it, but there is a few low key comps, like flour bombs, a nav course usually you nominate the time it will take to complete the course, then you have a question sheet after you land to try and remember things you SHOULD have seen on the course. spot landings and estimated take off distance, enigne out landing comp just to give you an idea.

:rotary:

ha ha well its a new thing to me i must admit im not very confident around gyroplanes the idea of not having an engin to turn the thing above you to keep you in the air dosent gel with me. but my mate has a drifter so thats ok :D ha ha yeh well iv only being involved with aviation for a year so it should be an experiance.:thumb_up:

ha ha well its a new thing to me i must admit im not very confident around gyroplanes the idea of not having an engin to turn the thing above you to keep you in the air dosent gel with me. but my mate has a drifter so thats ok :D ha ha yeh well iv only being involved with aviation for a year so it should be an experiance.:thumb_up:

You see this is one of the most misunderstood part of gyros, the rotors are being powered by the MOST reliable motor there is when your flying the WIND, once you get off the ground, the rotors will NEVER EVER slow down under the slowest rotation speed needed to carry the weight under them, under normal flying condititons, ie unless you go Neg G, which rotor systems really dont like any way.

The rotors are a self governing system, so this means the more weight under them either real or artifical(G forces) they will just spin up to carry more load.

Engine out situtations are a real non event, as the speed at which you can slow up to is amazing, and the ability to land with no roll, and or vertical is just another plus, if you do go to the NATS, have a chat to a couple of guys, ask the questions, you will be surprised.

Hope i didnt bore any one, but i was just trying to explain why i love the gyro so much, for safty and ease of flying in rough conditions they can be beat.

:rotary: