Feb 2010 Brd Meeting - CASA Presentation

Admin

yeah of coarse. If the CTR endorsement came in, i'd be jumping then too. Thats what I'm getting at. We do the training and its only deemed half of what a GA pilot would achieve with the same hoops. Like we're not flying real planes or something. But I don't want to go to GA to fly "real planes". With my PPL I will be able to fly my RAA regoed Tecnam right on into CTA.

But we have digressed off topic a bit. Reading the presentation it does feel like we are being manouvered into a place of control. Like a chess match.

A few of you have been saying you have feared this for while like we have had a choice, but I think it may have been inevidable. When it was a small organization with limited technology CASA sort of ignored it. But growing numbers and faster aircraft mean that a safety organization must sit up and take notice. It would be negligent not to.

Perhaps the Association should report to members that it has been meeting CASA requirements?

That is a good and interesting point.

A number of threads on this forum have concentrated on certain pilots who do not comply with the Regs ....... but the privilages of all of us are in danger if CASA don't think that the RA Aus is meeting their charter.