SP6 owners

Ultralights

Gday, over the anzac long weekend i am planning a trip to look at a SP6 to possibly purchase,

what i would like to know is there any SP6 owners near sydney or within 2 hrs drive of syd, that we might be able to go have a look a the aircraft so i know what im looking for, check cabin size etc etc. before i drive 2000km to look at the one for sale.

Thanks in advance

Rob.

Hi Rob,the SP6 is basically the same aircraft as a 120 with a 6 cyl engine and 85liter fuel tank. They are a beautiful aircraft to fly plenty of take off power a easy 120kn cruise and excellent fuel economy if you want to slow down a bit.

Cheers Helmut.

G'day Rob, yes we fitted everything in quite well actually. Mind you both of us together only weigh 105kgs, so that helps a lot! Not ideal for balance, so that is what I have to watch mostly.

we put the bag's (heavy items) on top of tank, and the real light stuff behind it. We didn't have any issues at all, and it landed fine, stalled or flown on.

Empty weight on them is about 283kgs, Mtow is 500kg, 65ltr tank about 48kgs. So you can do your sums on that.