Found a great site

ronkaroo

Guest Decca

Hiya ronkaroo, welcome to our forums "down under".

Do you have an airframe to put the Jab 2200 into? What model Cessna/s do you fly?

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

G'day mate Welcome along... :thumb_up: And I can echo the other members words... best place to come if you enjoy the air! :big_grin:

Have fun and take care,

:clown:

I'm getting back into flying after being away from it for about ten years. Most of my flying was in a Piper Arrow. Now I'm renting a Cessna 172 and am looking at buying a Pulsar II with a Jabiru 2200 in it. Trying to read all I can about that engine to see if that is what I want or whether a Rotax is better.

This is a great website. Any experience with a Jabiru engine? If so, any thoughts about it?

A friend of ours has a Pulsar finished and flying, now back in the hangar doing nothing for the last couple of years. My husband's theory is that the rudder is too small which contributed to a number of frights the owner got and now he seems reluctant to get back on the horse. He'd probably sell as he hasn't flown in ages and seems to have taken up other interests. Lovely plane to look at, sleek and slippery, more of a handful than the C172 though. Suggest you fly the Pulsar a bit before deciding.

Sue

Thanks for the info about your neighbor's experience with a Pulsar. If he ever shares his experiences in it with you and notes his reservations about it I would like to hear them.

It definitely is more slippery than the Cessna and I plan to get good air time in a Pulsar before I buy.