Storms in the Wheatbelt

pudestcon

I dunno what's happening around Australia with the weather at the moment. We in WA, whilst having nothing like the weather events in the East, have had thunderstorms, firestorms and dust storms in a number of areas. I feel for the people who have lost homes to fire in the hills just beyond Perth - a terrible thing to have happen.

I visited Northam on Saturday to do some work on my T500, and was dismayed to see that 3 aircraft of 4 in the hangar sustained damage from a recent dust storm that created havoc across the wheatbelt. See http://www.recreationalflying.com/showthread.php/133526-Testing-the-flying-characteristics-of-glider-trailers

Here are some photos of the damage in the hangar at Northam to a Skyfox and 2 T500 Thrusters - my T500 sustained the least amount of damage.

Pud

1180920928_Skyfoxaileronbrokenoff.jpg.29dfb5624b0dbc3f33b3822d9d3ff5cc.jpg

1442696760_MyT500elevatordamageandskindamage.jpg.799cd4882d985b275ca225793aa39230.jpg

1869389171_T500rudderdamage.jpg.545da4ebaa4a29f330d76a55e6b76b18.jpg

G`Day Pud, It`s a bugger but fortunately,rag and tube is relatively easy to repair, just don`t let it beat you.I seem to recall something about, "When The Going Gets Tough,The Tough Get Going".

We tend to forget that we don`t controll the universe. Though there may be some human interference,the reality is that it simply does it`s thing and will continue to do so, until the end. Unfortunately, it doesn`t always suite us.

I`m about to go out and tackle some more of the mess that cyclone Yasi left behind.

Cheers and all the best,

Frank. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Thanks FT and farri,

My problems are of no consequence in comparison to what you both have been through (and are still working to put right) recently.

In the recent words of a politician.... "**** happens"

Pud