RV-12 Builders List

rgmwa

Current status of RV-12 projects in Australia as far as I'm aware. I believe Brian's plane is unfortunately back in the hangar after sustaining some damage recently. If anyone has more information on other builders or progress updates, feel free to add to the list.

Rod Clark - Byron Bay (Flying RAA reg)

Tony Earle - Port Maquarie (Flying RAA reg)

Ashley Hiscock - Hazlewood North (Flying RAA reg)

Brian Howard - Gold Coast (Flying RAA reg)

Karl Ahamer - Mittagong, NSW

"Ausmo" - Barossa Valley SA (kit ordered)

Marcus Bootle - Riddells Creek

"Dunx" - Ravensthorpe WA (kit ordered)

Dave Hastwell - Adelaide (kit ordered)

Robert Melis - Perth

Dennis Mitchell - Queanbeyan

Roger Russell - Sydney

Alan Saunders - Gisborne

Jim Tatlock - Geelong

Stephen Vandervelden - Cranborne North

rgmwa

• 2 weeks later...

RV-12 Projects (updated)

Current status of RV-12 projects in Australia as far as I'm aware. If anyone has any information on other builders or progress updates, feel free to add to the list.

First Flights Completed:

Roger Barlee - Traralgon VIC (RAA reg)

Rod Clark - Byron Bay NSW (RAA reg)

Tony Earle - Port Maquarie NSW (RAA reg)

Ashley Hiscock - Hazlewood North VIC (RAA reg)

Brian Howard - Gold Coast QLD (RAA reg)

Building:

Erik Moen - Barossa Valley SA (kit ordered)

Marcus Bootle - Riddells Creek VIC

Andy Duncan - Ravensthorpe WA (kit ordered)

Dave Hastwell - Adelaide SA (kit ordered)

Robert Melis - Perth WA

Dennis Mitchell - Queanbeyan NSW

Roger Russell - Sydney NSW

Alan Saunders - Gisborne VIC

Jim Tatlock - Geelong VIC

Stephen Vandervelden - Cranborne North VIC

rgmwa

• 1 month later...

RV-12 Projects (updated 17/4/11)

Current status of RV-12 projects in Australia as far as I'm aware. If anyone has any information on other builders or progress updates, feel free to add to the list.

First Flights Completed (5):

Roger Barlee - Traralgon VIC (RAA reg)

Rod Clark - Byron Bay NSW (RAA reg)

Tony Earle - Port Maquarie NSW (RAA reg)

Ashley Hiscock - Hazlewood North VIC (RAA reg)

Brian Howard - Gold Coast QLD (RAA reg)

Building (12):

Erik Moen - Barossa Valley SA (kit ordered)

Marcus Bootle - Riddells Creek VIC

Andy Duncan - Ravensthorpe WA (kit ordered)

Shirley Harding - Perth WA (kit ordered)

Dave Hastwell - Adelaide SA (kit ordered)

Robert Melis - Perth WA

Dennis Mitchell - Queanbeyan NSW

Roger Russell - Sydney NSW

Alan Saunders - Gisborne VIC

Jim Tatlock - Geelong VIC

Stephen Vandervelden - Cranborne North VIC

rgmwa

For info, empennage and tail cone complete, left wing framed up, stall warning installed and all cabling including nav/strobe lights done (including an extra 18# tefzil wire for separating the nav and strobes light circuits). Waiting on TC inspection before I skin it. Forward Fuselage and Finish kits ship from Vans on 12th May (so they say anyway).

It does go together well.

DM

• 5 months later...
Finally just ordered RV-12 empennage kit and tools. Due in a month I am told. Just missed the high dollar but no worries.Jon

Congratulations Jon. Make sure you check the RV-12 forum on the VAF website as well. It's a great help when you're building.

rgmwa

Thanks rgmwa - yes I have been a fan of that forum - amazing stuff.

Seems I need to have things signed off by a L2 or L4 at various times.

Any help out there about locating any such clever chaps that would be interested in vetting my build at Acheron (Near Alexandra in Vic)002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Cheers

Jon

Seems I need to have things signed off by a L2 or L4 at various times.Any help out there about locating any such clever chaps that would be interested in vetting my build at Acheron (Near Alexandra in Vic)

Cheers

Jon

If you're going RAAus I suggest you get in touch with the technical manager Steve Bell [[email protected]].

He's very helpful. Otherwise you could sign up with SAAA. They are more VH oriented, but will assist with RAA builds as well. What's your kit number, just out of interest?

rgmwa

If you're going RAAus I suggest you get in touch with the technical manager Steve Bell [[email protected]].He's very helpful. Otherwise you could sign up with SAAA. They are more VH oriented, but will assist with RAA builds as well. What's your kit number, just out of interest?

rgmwa

Have communicated with Steve - he is sending a builder's kit. Also have made contact with L4's to get the 'gen' started. Kit# 120589.

Thanks for that. Order #120589 means Vans are selling 15-20 of these kits per month. Not bad given the state of the world economy. By the way, there are 11 other RV-12 builders in Vic, so you should be able to find someone near you.

rgmwa

Thanks for that. Order #120589 means Vans are selling 15-20 of these kits per month. Not bad given the state of the world economy. By the way, there are 11 other RV-12 builders in Vic, so you should be able to find someone near you.rgmwa

The current list above shows 6 in Vic - so there are more?

The current list above shows 6 in Vic - so there are more?

Yes, the list has been updated but I haven't re-posted it as some people may prefer not to have their names made public. Not that anyone has complained to date, but you never know. I can give you some more details if you want to sent me a PM. There are about 26 RV-12's flying or being built at the moment, as far as we can work out.

rgmwa

Yes, the list has been updated but I haven't re-posted it as some people may prefer not to have their names made public. Not that anyone has complained to date, but you never know. I can give you some more details if you want to sent me a PM. There are about 26 RV-12's flying or being built at the moment, as far as we can work out.rgmwa

Not sure how to do that? A PM that is.

Not sure how to do that? A PM that is.

It's called a `conversation' on this site. Haven't actually tried it myself, but if you click on someone's name in the left-hand box, you should be able to send them a message by starting a conversation. I'll try it when I get home. Haven't got the list with me at work.

rgmwa

Jon,

No luck with the PM/conversation. I can write a message but can't find any way to send it. This site is relatively new, so maybe that feature hasn't been fully implemented yet (or maybe it's just me - more likely). Anyway, Marcus Bootle (VHRV12) is not far from you. He has posted in the RV section of this site before, and originally started compiling the builder's list. If you can contact him, he can probably put you in touch with others in your area.

Cheers

rgmwa

Jon,No luck with the PM/conversation. I can write a message but can't find any way to send it. This site is relatively new, so maybe that feature hasn't been fully implemented yet (or maybe it's just me - more likely). Anyway, Marcus Bootle (VHRV12) is not far from you. He has posted in the RV section of this site before, and originally started compiling the builder's list. If you can contact him, he can probably put you in touch with others in your area.

Cheers

rgmwa

Next to your user name top right hand corner you should have 'Inbox', click on this then 'Start a new conversation' to take you to the page for starting a conversation. Insert the participants user name you want to have the conversation with, put in a title, then the body of the text, then go to the bottom of the screen and click on "Start a Conversation'.... Voila!!!! Done.

Pud

Next to your user name top right hand corner you should have 'Inbox', click on this then 'Start a new conversation' to take you to the page for starting a conversation. Insert the participants user name you want to have the conversation with, put in a title, then the body of the text, then go to the bottom of the screen and click on "Start a Conversation'.... Voila!!!! Done.Pud

Ah, thanks Pud. I thought I'd already started the conversation when I clicked on the participant and wrote the message. So far so good, but didn't realise I had to re-start the conversation to start the conversation, or maybe to end it? Why couldn't they just have a button that says `Send' like you would expect, but I suppose that would be too obvious!

rgmwa

PS. It worked that time. Thanks again Pud.