Aviation Vs New Baby

mnewbery

For those who have been paying attention, it will be no surprise that I am a first time parent as of yesterday morning.

What many won't know is that I was in Brisbane when my wife's labour started in Canberra.

Big thanks to Virgin Australia for getting me where I needed to be without fuss or delay. I took a moment to reflect on all of the people and machines that worked as required, in wee small hours of Sunday morning, to deliver me to the operating theatre in time and deliver our daughter safely into the world.

Next time you hear people bagging aviation, remember its not all about having a few days holiday in Bali or the Gold Coast. Certain things can't happen in our modern world without reliable, safe and efficient air transport. Anyone who thinks they can take it for granted needs to stop and think what their lives would be like without it. Same comment for surgery. Similarly, the transport pilot and surgeon are both heavily dependant on an amazing team and some amazing tools.

I've been privileged to look at the "man behind the curtain" in a very wide range of fields. It still impresses me and I never seem to get tired of this amazing world.

Guest Darren Masters

Congrats. A great story. See this alot at work. People thanking us for various reasons and you are right, it's not just about holidays. It's what makes the world go around :)

Congrats MN! It's a cliché, but true, that your lives will never be the same again....mostly in good ways (speaking as a father of 4).

In the aviation-vs-new baby stakes, I lay odds on the new baby :p

Guest David C

Many congrats .. As Powerin said , your life will never be the same again , however , as. Father of 2 , I wouldn't change a single thing . The best days of your life are ahead, enjoy , cherish every day ..

Dave C

wonderful news and good to hear aviation was a part of solving the puzzle of getting home.

a word of warning....baby girls twist their fathers around their (very) little fingers...

congratulations to you both....i doubt there would be any objections from the forum to see a pickky.....

Guest DavidH10
Congrats MN! It's a cliché, but true, that your lives will never be the same again....mostly in good ways (speaking as a father of 4).In the aviation-vs-new baby stakes, I lay odds on the new baby :p

I recon your'e right Pow.

Congratulations MN. It's good when everything comes together. There's still good people in this world.