Taking Off At "destiny"

Guest DWB

I have previously put up a video landing on my home strip in the Zephyr so here's one I did today taking off & a quick circuit landing again.

This gave me a chance to test my modified camera mount which I raised 50mm & I am now happy with. I would never be able to get rid of all the canopy from the view & that gave me a chance to experiment with PiP. I used my JVC Everio in the cockpit & the Oregon ATC9K action cam outside.

Best watched in 1080P full screen. I hope you enjoy...........

Guest David C

I really enjoyed your video . I went over to Wedderburn today , why could the weather not have been like the weather at "Destiny " .. Many thanks for posting .. Well done .

Dave C

yeah Matt I treat it generally as one way although I do land & take off the other way sometimes. No I don't go under the power line when I use it the other way, mostly because there's a fence under it & I really would hate to drag the wheels & the gap isn't that big. So I "drop it in" over the top in this case. Not sure of the history behind the "Zephyr Song". Red Hot Chili Peppers recorded it but this is a cover version that sounds almost identical to RHCP. I thought the song was pretty cool when I heard it.............

David C, would you believe that within 2 hours of that flight we had lightning & rain!