Hello, There

Guest aviatrix27

Hi Anthony, welcome. No specific tips, except fly the plane. If the fan stops, fly the glider. My usual tip is 'work hard and be good to your mother' although that probably doesn't answer your question :)

Welcome to TAA Anthony.

Kind of like a childhood ambition.

That's how most of us started, just took some us 50 years or more to do something about it. My answer to your question is listen to your Instructor & never be afraid to ask a question.

Your decision at the moment will be will you go Recreational (RAAus) or GA (General Aviation). Depends on what you are expecting out of having the privilege to fly.

Welcome mate, and as for having a stack, some statistics might help, as a student pilot you're just about the safest guy in the sky, even low hour pilots are safe, at about the 300-400 hour mark we start to get into a bit of trouble (over confident??) and then again around the 1000 hour point, so go for it , find a school ,sweat it out ,learn everything you can ,it will be probably the most satisfying and frustrating thing you will ever do ,I have been flying for about 7 years and my only regret is not learning when I was a younger fella!

Guest Darren Masters

Welcome to TAA :) The three golden rules of flying:

Aviate

Aviate

Aviate

I say if your finances allow, definitely go and do it! It is a freedom that words cannot describe.

:)It is a freedom that words cannot describe.

I'd guess it would be even more so in a small open cockpit setup like yours, Darren. A bit like getting back to what it originally was.

Cheers, Willie.

26 years old is old enough to have a career in aviation if it seems too interesting to walk away from. In my opinion, anyone thinking about learning to fly after the age of thirty really should not be planning to make a living out of it.

I've got just over 100 hours of student flying and no licence in anything ... but a lot of great memories. That makes me a good example of how not to learn to fly.

Welcome to TAA Anthony.It has already been mentioned above already. "Fly the aeroplane to the very end".By that I mean, even when bits and pieces fly off the aircraft by hitting things.Example Bushes ,trees etc. Try and crash as slow as you can, without stalling , upright and in a level attitude.Some modern aircraft have better crash resistant seats and a better aircraft design to improve the chances of surviving g forces in a crash .(Expensive new ones and not lightly build LSA types)

Guest Darren Masters
I'd guess it would be even more so in a small open cockpit setup like yours, Darren. A bit like getting back to what it originally was.Cheers, Willie.

Totally mate :)