Now that's a Multirotor!!!

Mick

That looks great Mick.

I love to see the inginuity of some of these developments, even if they require further development, which most do.

That's how we progress.

Just look at how far quadracopters have come in recent times.

Maybe they need Ever Ready to come onboard with Energiser batteries, or whatever, for sustained longer flights? But you have to start somewhere.

• Like 1

What impressed me was that the German authorities are looking at how they can fit their rules to a machine like this. Seems like in Australia we look at how we can exclude things that are different.

• Agree 1

As they are all fixed pitch propellers, this is not really a helicopter. What do you call an aircraft like this? Is there a category for this kind of plane or does this start a category all of its own?

If they are trying to introduce it into the German ultralight regime, it must be limited to 450 kg maximum. Imagine, in Australia, NZ and the USA: double the number of battery packs to the 600 kg limit and you may get close to a 45-60 minute flight.

OK, he told us what happens in the case of one or several motors failing but what would happen in the case of an electrical fault where all motors stopped? Anyone like to guess the glide ratio? ah_oh.gif.cb6948bbe4a506008010cb63d6bb3c47.gif

Fantastic idea and I hate to rain on anyone's parade but ...

OK, he told us what happens in the case of one or several motors failing but what would happen in the case of an electrical fault where all motors stopped? Anyone like to guess the glide ratio? ah_oh.gif.cb6948bbe4a506008010cb63d6bb3c47.gifFantastic idea and I hate to rain on anyone's parade but ...

A BRS system would be a good idea.

It seems that model aircraft have some things going for them, they are much cheaper to design and test and can come up with some interesting concepts.

• Agree 3

BRS would be essential methinks. The added weight might be a problem.As much as I like the idea, I won't be getting into it!

I agree. All you need is one little contact in that fancy joystick to get dirty and the pilot will find this multi-rotor-electro-aircraft impossible to control. I wouldn't go in it unless a BRS was fitted.