RPL Medical

Louie

On the form 61-1RE For the CTAirspace and CTAerodrome endorsements it saysThe following requirments where met for applicable endorsement at the time of assessment:

CTAirspace Endorsement

Tick box - Holds a flight radio endorsemnt - im fin i got that in my RAAus Certificate

Tick Box - Pass in Aeronautical Knowledge Examination for the endorsement

So does that mean to get the CTA i will need to do the CASA BAK, even though i have already done the RAAus tests...

PS I have RAAus Pilot cert with XCountry and PAX plus obviously radio as part of that 130 hours

AFAIK, (given we are all trying to understand how it will work, and what CASA really mean in some of the convoluted stuff), your RAAus BAK is 'recognised' under Part 61 as being equivalent to the GA BAK. Which means that your RPL is issued on this basis after a flight review. What you do in respect of later, (CTA), endorsements on your RPL is not dependant on the 'recognition' of your RAAus qualifications,eg: radio, nav, pax, theory. You must undertake theory on CTA before the actual flight training - which is logical - but AFAIK there is no 'set' exam on this.

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard

Hang onto your wallets guys...have you ever done anything with a GA flight instructor where it didn't end up costing you hundreds or even thousands...they do like to drag things out..we need to source very RAA friendly ( and experienced ) instructors who don't think the key to unlock that precous CTA airspace is coated in gold........Maj....

• 2 years later...
Is it true that they make you pass some flexibility test? If so, what does this entail?I have never been able to touch my toes for example, and I don't see the relevance of this for flying.

That bend over test is in preparation for the next CASA price hike most likely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Winner 1