912 replacement hoses

pete duncan

When the time comes to replace the water hoses on my 912 ( engine and radiator ) can I use good quality hose from an auto parts supplier or similar , hydraulic hose from enzed /pirtek etc. Who makes a good quality fuel hose. These are going in a Foxbat LS . Thanks ,Pete.

floods sell a 5 yr rubber replacement kit, im sure they sell the coolant hoses as well. also, companies like aircraft spruce sell rotax hoses. or you can just get tube from a reputable hose dealer like enzed, as long as it meets the same minimum specs

The tank to head return hoses are 17mm and this hose is not usually available in auto parts places as they usually have 16mm and 19mm. The other 25mm hoses are available at auto parts shops. I think I quoted the right sizes as I did mine a while ago. I would buy the kit from floods so you don't pay extra freight as they will supply genuine carb sockets and diaphragms. Then buy the 25mm hose from a auto shop as this hose wasn't in my kit and varies on different installations pending where radiator is mounted.

If your spending more than a few hundred dollars on rotax parts, buy from overseas rotax dealers and you will save plenty....

I buy a few years worth of parts (plugs, filters, etc) and save heaps.

Even cheaper if you go halves with a mate....