Upgrade MTOW from 544kg to 600kg on 19-xxxx rego

Thruster87

No problem with my 19 rego upgrade to 600Kg. when it first was possible. Done in October 2011. Only had to provide evidence from the kit manufacturer that the higher limit was approved and as the particular model had been approved as an LSA in Australia this was no issue.

• 2 years later...

Good day

What modification did you do apart from paperwork?

I am considering upgrade to 600 kg of my Savannah S but could not understand the idea of two little pieces slipped in between wing struts brackets

I do not like the as per ICP instructions required drilling two holes in existing brackets to fix new bits.

In my opinion it will create weak point. Also will make inspection of the brackets more difficult.

Any opinions will be appreciated

George

Good dayWhat modification did you do apart from paperwork?

I am considering upgrade to 600 kg of my Savannah S but could not understand the idea of two little pieces slipped in between wing struts brackets

I do not like the as per ICP instructions required drilling two holes in existing brackets to fix new bits.

In my opinion it will create weak point. Also will make inspection of the brackets more difficult.

Any opinions will be appreciated

George

Mine came from the factory with 544kg on the plate but the modification already done, so I only have to make a note in the maintenance log. For the Savannah just suck it up and drill the holes, rivet in the two little plates, there are no other modifications required, and make an entry in you maintenance book and you are upgraded to 600kg legally.