Tyres

Russ

Have been chasing tyres to suit my 160, ideally 8 or 10 ply. Unfortunately running into brick walls......so....anyone know of a source.

Russ

• Agree 1

Thanks jaba.....just learnt they have 10 ply avail ( prob tho, can't fit em to a "C" .....legally, 2nd prob.....you have to remove your spats ) might just line my inners with a leather strip to give the tubes more protection.

During chit chat learnt they're servicing a 2.2 thats now clocked 5000 hrs, one happy owner. ( might peeve the doomsday brigade ) actually the chit chat was " interesting " ....pity it's not publicly trumpeted.

In the throws of prepping the 160, weez heading NT, then coastal northern WA, to cape levengue areas, down to Broome, then back east via that gun barrel track to Alice, then NQ.

5 weeks allocated, stoping off here n there. ( just another happy jab flyer )

004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif004_oh_yeah.gif.9e5fda4460dcecb69107978dfbca9899.gif

• Like 2

I assume that you are looking for the Trelleborg 140 x 6 10ply tyres for the mains?

I can get them for you but they would be expensive by the time I sent them up to you

Let me know if you need any more help

Regards

Stewy

• Like 1

Not sure if these are what you're after from RAus Members Market:

4376 TRELLEBORG T510,140-6 10 ply rated tyre

TRELLEBORG T510, 140-6 10 ply rated tyre (tube type)

$99 each (+p&h) Replaces 13x5.00-6 Give your aircraft the tyres you deserve! The tread is very deep. Triple the tyre life with less flats when compared to Jabiru standard 6 ply tyre! Especially good for bitumen users. Fits, mains and nose on J160 J170 J230. Spats fit OK. Also fits LSA 55 if fitted with the popular "Medium B" undercarriage option. Weight approx 2.7kg each. Rated to 780kg max load (static) each. Best to buy in pairs to keep postage costs lower ($10 - $56). Contact [email protected] for a quote on postage.

Jack Donsen

[email protected]

0419 909 392

• Like 1

Richo.....you bewty. Spoke to the guy, all's good. Am getting 3 of them.

( will fit under my spats for sure )

Thanks pal....

• Like 1

They are the ones but I think you will find that they will not fit the nose wheel

Price is about right you could go to local tyre shop and ask if they deal with tyre and tube company and it might save you the postage etc. have the part number at work if you need it

Regards

Stewy

Guy I know. Bought 10 ply tyres from a tyre retailer I think Bendigo way.

He put a spacer ( thin plastic about 10 mm ) to keep the tyre from touching the spat.

Search Jab 10 ply tyres on this site, you maybe able to find the source. They were at the time very price competitive

He has not had a flat tyre since and that's been a few years now

Didn't do the nose wheel as I recall due to spat.

Anyone going bush on the original 6 ply will need to be aware That a flat is a distinct possibility.

This would have been well before the Jab supply option I reckon.

PHIL