Legend

cscotthendry

G:

Wow! That was quick! :-)

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not a good enough pilot to know how the Legend rates, so your comments are much appreciated. I'm really glad you enjoyed the flight. Happy to have you aboard.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inside is nice too....

[ATTACH=full]36628[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]36629[/ATTACH]

Saw your plane at factory

We have ordered a legend for June delivery yo the Oshkosh Airshow and will be selling the plane in the USA ( fly light sportCA)

Any feedback on the engine oil temps with the std 912 us in extreme outside temps ?( 120/130 deg F ?

Saw your plane at factoryWe have ordered a legend for June delivery yo the Oshkosh Airshow and will be selling the plane in the USA ( fly light sportCA)

Any feedback on the engine oil temps with the std 912 us in extreme outside temps ?( 120/130 deg F ?

Wow, fantastic!

120F is 48C. We have not flown in those kinds of temps, only to the mid 30sC so I can't tell you how it would go there. At 130F, that would be over 50C! Would you see see that kind of temps outside of Death Valley?

We are very happy with our Legend. We have had no troubles with temperatures in warm (30C and higher), either coolant or oil temps. In fact the oil temps run a bit too cool and we use the temp control flap a bit for that. Coolant temps remain around 100C at all times including long sustained climbs to altitude. The only time we have had the temp go to the upper end of the green was a hot restart and a long on ground hold for traffic on a warm day. This is because there is insufficient air flowing through the cooler while idling on the ground, but the temp never went into the red. As soon as we lifted off, the temps started to come back down and settled at 100C throughout the climb.

Anyway, hope this helps. All the best with the Legend in the US, I think it will be a hit at Oshkosh.

• 1 year later...
Scott, I've been looking at this plane online trying to find a mention of the cabin width with no luck. Would you happen to know?Thanks,

Carl

Yes, very hard to find. You probably have found the pilot and maintenance docs I came across on this site (links work), but no internal dimensions in either. LEGEND 600 - LIGHT SPORT AIRCRAFT (LSA)