Which plane for me

Guest disperse

Guest disperse

The wants: FLYABILITY (I've got bugger all hours)

: Take off at around 5-6 am and be at the brothers place around 10am

(600nm)

: comfortable / dual sticks / a plessure to fly / Low wing (cause I just like them)

: Room for 2 and enough clothes for 3-4 days +(say 2 carry on size bags +)

: Prefer removable wings, for trailering. also solves the problem of a hanger

What I've looked at : Pulsar100 140kts cruise / 850nm range w/r

: Lightning 150kts / 600nm

: Europa 140kts / 1000nm

: Storm (retracks) 130kts / 800nm

: Pioneer300 140kts / 700nm

: MCR-01 club 160kts / 1500nm

Now I can look at some figures. but that dosen't mean I KNOW anything about each of these. So please.....Good points / bad points / and just because points.

also some of these DON'T have a BRS option. which is another point worth considering.018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

Guest disperse

Fly synthesis texan retractable : cruise 119kts (with retractable gear / 100hp / and at only 450kg)

kit $80,000 landed . . . Fly away just over $121,000 with rego (both + gst)

honestly the kit + rotax 912s with the extra bits $29327inc gst + a prop + avionics

WHY WOULD YOU BUY A KIT ???

Hi Disperse.

My suggestion would be when looking at these aircraft and their ranges, make sure you look at empty weights and how much usable load is available. Not all LSA aircraft are rated for the full 600kg.

There are plenty of aircraft around with huge fuel capacities, but you cannot put 2 decent size people in them and fill the tanks, let alone carry any baggage.:ah_oh:

Sure you can do it, but the day something goes wrong you will be in deep poo-poo with the powers that be and the insurance company will not want to know you.051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

An aircraft with a decent fit-out will often be 315-320kg or even more, the new Cessna is 376kg. 90 litres of fuel weighs 63kg. That leaves 161kg for pilot, passenger and baggage.:;)4:

I know the Cessna is pretty heavy at 376kg, but others carry a fair bit more fuel. 130 litres of fuel weighs 91kg so you can see my point.;)

Cheers

Mick

Also make sure that you have the necessary experience to competently fly the aeroplane of your choice. Methinks some of the ones mentioned do not fall into that category --- yet.

David

Guest disperse
Also make sure that you have the necessary experience to competently fly the aeroplane of your choice. Methinks some of the ones mentioned do not fall into that category --- yet.David

Thanks all. Thats one of the reasons I'm asking . because I don't know what they fly like. But at the same time with a lot of flying. I will be more equiped to fly them. and I'd rather keep a plane for around 5 years or more. However I don't want to fight it everytime I come in to land etc.

Troy

hello Troy, what about a good old (and ugly??) used Jabi mate. for 40-45k you are cruising 90-95kts @15 lts/hr and if you are flying for 5 years you will probably sell it for similar sort of money after 5 years and they are not terribally expensive to maintain. During this time you will probably sharpen your flying skills enough to handle your next red hot ship. if you calculate all the expenses after 5 years (includind depreciation on A/C) this will probably give you the biggest bang for the buck but if money is no concern and 150kt tickles your fancy by all means go for your hearts desires.

2 cents from sunny the budget flyer

Troy

The MCR-01 club Vne is 160 knots not cruise plus it only has a MTOW of 490kg.

The only one of that family that has a 544kg MTOW is the MCR-M which has a Vne of 170kts and a cruise (Cruising 75%, FL 0) of 146kts

Guest disperse
TroyThe MCR-01 club Vne is 160 knots not cruise plus it only has a MTOW of 490kg.

was talking to the NZ dealer. and they have been given 544kgs on oleo suspension only... would assume you could get something similer here.

as for the speed.... here is a plane that can cruise very close to it,s Vne. I know, not a good practise

Guest disperse
How come you've forgotten your avatar (Sierra) or the Joey 2?They both have similar speed, (or predicted to).

Deffinitly not forgotten Biggles. With the Joey2, Ive been told of a Long build time (as with some of the others in the list). Problem is no-one on the forum has flown it. And the seirra: I've sent a number of emails to Garry about this one and to be honest, It is at the top of my list at the moment.

and this is why: Seirra 130kts cruise / 95 litre main tank and wing tanks to your specs / BRS compatable- Yes / wings of in under 10 mins / Flyability - assumeing it's similer to the cheetah / All metal- easyer for ME to work with,build, repair, more robust then composites/ Plenty of room for luggage (thats if any weight is left after I fill the tanks:laugh:) / and last but not least $$$$ without a doubt the cheapest on the list.

Ooops, nearly forgot. Biggles is going to come and help me build it.!!!!!!!!!

and I'm already planning a trip to Tarree in the near future.