Back to school for Navex refresher classes

Flyer

Hi All

I'm currently converting to ulralights from GA type aircraft and flying from Tooradin Melbourne.

As I haven't been flying for some years (about 7 now) I'm required to do a navex just to demonstrate that I can still do it. Fair enough.

The Problem: I cant remember much of what I was taught.

My question: How many others are in the same boat (plane 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif) as me??

If there are a few in the melbourne area ( I fly out of Tooradin), would it be worthwhile engaging the services of an instructor for an evening or two and going over some basics ??

The solution: A night or two going over basics such as;

reading and interpreting weather forecasts

Flight planning and flight plan lodging

reading maps

fuel management

Airlaw and airspace

Talking to flight services

I'm thinking a 2 or 3 hour refresher here just to jog the memory a bit.....

There would probably be a small fee to cover an instructors time/use of equipment etc.

Anybody interested? If so post an expression of interest and lets see if we can get something together.

Maybe we could do it on line and benefit the whole community...

Is it possible to have a virtual classroom on this website Ian or moderators?

An idea at this stage 092_idea.gif.47940f0a63d4c3c507771e6510e944e5.gif

Phil

I would prefer to do the thing right, and by the book - and ensure that all bases were covered... so speak to the CFI at the school there.

And get the current publications as well, so you can draw lines on the map that wont get you shot down, er, I mean into trouble.... 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Ben

Maybe we could do it on line and benefit the whole community...Is it possible to have a virtual classroom on this website Ian or moderators?

An idea at this stage 092_idea.gif.47940f0a63d4c3c507771e6510e944e5.gif

Phil

I have been trying to set this up for a while but have had many technical problems with the video server being in the US and thus having time delays - the US server already costs about $500 a year for the video chat room and if there was one in Aust then it would be 4 times the price but better technically.

I am slowly awakening from my rest so I will try and look further into it!