Hello All

allowera

G'day,

I wonder how many people have tried www.recreationalflying.com and then given up?? I wish I had found this site months ago. Maybe then I could have

recieved comments on what was a standard response to the ADS-B form.

I replied 'not under any circumstance' to the mid-2014 changes but had no

opinion to anything else. Hope this helped not hindered.

Anyway, I'm here now and eagerly reading the Microlight section as I fly an

old Edge.

Cheers.

Hi Allowera

Welcome to the forums - you will find a friendly lot here and very eager to help.

Feel free to join in and discuss anything you like about your trike flying.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Old Triker

Hi Allowera,

Glad to hear that someone else is still flying an Edge. Have you done any mods or upgrades on yours? I'm in a similar machine and quite happy with it. Hows the flying down south?

Regards, OT

Dear OT,

My Edge is still pretty much standard, Grey top 582, no front suspension and 'Fred Flintstone' Brakes. I was saddened to find out recently that a Cruze wing will not fit our Bases. I know [as you do] the advantages of a good intermediate wing. Knowing that my Edge wing probably won't pass Bettsometer next time, I am left with the old question " 2b or not 2b". Operating out of a home paddock with only local work I am leaning toward a Wizard.

No flying lately due to winds and work commitments, but this weekend looks promising.

Dear HPD,

I hope the fireworks occur above 5000ft.

Being in a tiny open cocpit at 6600ft with scattered cloud below between 2-3000ft is a cherished experience not to be given up lightly.

Dear All,

Hatches, Latches, Socks and Clocks!

All the best, Allowera.

Guest Old Triker

Hi Allowera,

Thanks for the reply. My Edge has had a few mods by previous owner and a few by me. I purchased it with the gearbox having been changed to a "C" type with electric start and a new wizard wing (50 hrs only) so I am guessing that the previous owner was experiencing the same thinking you are atm. Will I or won't I ?

I have updated the radiator to a twin type as in the edgeX because i was finding the engine run ning a little hot when operating at high ambient temps ie warm enough to fly in a t shirt. Had some "difficult to start probs" in the early days too (poor spark) and it turned out to be something to do with the stator coil assembly. I changed the assembly and have had no problems since. Funny thing it (the coils, I mean) measured ok dc wise when compared to the new one and the specs published in the rotax manual. Any how all is good now and I try to fly each weekend - weather and family committments dependent.

I also fly from a farm paddock and for the local jaunts that i take find the wizard ok. I must admit that a few weeks ago i took a flight down over the lower reaches of the Colo River and into a strong headwind. When I decided that I had had enough battling the elements I turned for home and my GPS was reading 65 kts over the ground. In a brief moment of weakness I whispered to myself "S..t, it would be nice to have a 912"

Safe flying , OT.