The Oaks BBQ ..

Guest David C

Guest David C

Yes it's that time of year again Santa will be gracing the airways , but not to be outdone the guys and gals at The Oaks will be hosting the annual Xmas BBQ on Saturday 15th December . You can fly in , drive , walk if you like so long as you can get there . No doubt John and Dave will have the usual 100Kg of sausages etc.so just bring a plate , yourself and have a great time with us ... Hoping to see you there .;)

Dave C

Hi David, Kaz and I will try to get there, it'd be great to catch up with everyone at The Oaks again before Christmas. The "try" is due to our work Christmas parties being the night before...will depend on how much of a good time we both have ;).

Cheers,

Matt.

Guest Fred Bear

Remember the bottle to throttle rule Matt ;) Not flying, I will remember the bottle. Gee, I'm not supposed to be doing that either 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif Dave, we will be there. Goes without saying. Should be a good day. Hopefully the weather will be in our favour! Always a good day for those that did not make it last time. I am sure there will be lots of pics to follow. Hopefully some flying involved too though only as pax for me :black_eye: Looking forward to seeing some new/old faces there.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry you won't be able to make it Decca, it would have been lovely to catch up with you mate.

I'm hoping to make it there, so will I have a extra snag for you. Mind you, i've just had the last of my teeth out this week, so will probably have to put it through a blender first, or toss it into a spinning prop. Hope you don't mind. After all it should taste the same.

Alan

Hope all you Oaks types had a wonderful time. Who kept an eye on Darren?

Alan it's amazing how true to its original taste is pureed food. I could be on it for a while.

Decca.

Hi Decca,

Well I made it to The Oaks for a couple of hours this afternoon and it was really nice to finally catch up with Daren, his lovely wife Emma and their very well behaved kids, as well as Uncle Fred and a few others. No wonder Daren always seems to have a smile on his face. For what it's worth, he was very well behaved, maybe because his mate Disperse was'nt there to lead him astray. It was so good to see him happy after what the poor buggers been through, and his hand finally looks like it's on the mend. One of the boys took him for a fly which made his day. One day in the near future Daren and I are going for a fly together. He'll use his good hand for the flaps and control the left rudder pedal, and i'll control the stick and the right rudder pedal. Oh yes! he can also make the radio calls, as hopefully i'll be trying to get used to a new mouthful of teeth by then. Thats what real mate-ship's all about, sharing the chores!!

Sorry I did'nt get to meet you Disperse, especially after you submitting a post that you'd be there.

Next time, make sure you bring a note.

Regards

Alan

Sorry I couldn't make it.

The EFATO last week put a dent in my schedule to fly the test hours. Took me 3 days to work through the outstanding issues and put it back together. Got some hours up yesterday eventually, but had a few more issues culminating with a flat tyre. Should have all the rough edges ironed this week.

Garry tells me he made it down from Taree. What did you guys think of the Sierra?

See you next time.

Ross

Guest Fred Bear

Hello all. For those that missed it, a wonderful day. Plenty of food, plenty of old and new faces and lots of good company. Nice to put a face to the name to Alan and finally meet. Will have to do that again sometime. Thoroughly enjoyed the flight with Bruce Robins too. I reckon another 2wks I will be back in that left hand seat! Slarti, I loved the look of the Sierra. I will get a feel on Tuesday. So good to see Gary again after so long too. 1hr20 from Taree to The Oaks too. Sure beats the hell out of driving. The machine is clean I give him that much. Finished well in the cabin too. Will have report and pics in the appropriate thread on returning from up there next week. Will be good to get away from the hell hole Western suburbs for a week ;)

NOTE: Don't worry Decca, Emma was keeping a close eye on me at all times!!!!

Guest David C

So pleased that the annual BBQ was well attended and a good time was had by all . I have had all the goss from Uncle Fred , who popped around here this morning to pick up some carpet I had promised him , apparently for the garage !! , at least he will be in comfort when Auntie Val gives him the heave ho 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif.. He was in praise of Garrys new machine . Sorry I couldn't make it , as usual the dreaded work intervened . Ah well theres always next year ;)..

Dave C