RV4 Wanted.

Thunda

• 3 months later...
[ATTACH=full]51385[/ATTACH]My RV8 - just love it. I have the big tanks and wing tanks. 6 hours endurance at 24/2400 and 39lph. 165knts.

Enjoy your new toy

Sounds like your picked up a good RV4 in WA.

Enjoy. The RV4 was my first choice, but it was just a little small for me. I then started my RV8 search and found the RV8 here in Victoria.

When do you pick it up? Where will it be flown back to - your hangars site?

G'day Bernie.

Just got back to the forum and caught your post.

Been busy and away for awhile.

Just tried to send you a PM but can't see how.

I bin try in to get rid of the Dolmio grin off my chin, for an RV grin.

It's startin to comes through.

Yep! Got mine in WA flew it back to Taswegian land, the land of ice any wind.

Anyway, caught a nice breeze up the exhaust to Wentworth, managed to clock 210 kts and 27 litres an hour @ 8500 ft. 2350 rpm.

Took a video of the instrument panel and the Ipad with Oz runways showing the data just for a keepsake, I've been waiting to crack 200 kts ground speed for a while.

Called in and said G'day to the mob at Wentworth for a couple of days, (it takes a couple of days because of a certain depraved old coot that likes me to indulge in a drop of port with him)

Then down to Iceland for a few small mods (axillary fuel tank 60 litres) then back up north to a warmer patch of red sand country.

(north of Packsaddle)

I stopped off at Warnambool on the way to top up but had l known there was a fellow RV'er at Lethbrige l would have called in, especially if he owned a Steen Sky bolt.

I'm lookin at one on the market, you may know it, DDO.

Makes me wonder if you mob at Lethbrige are as friendly as ya brothers (ok, an sisters up at Wenty?

In closing, what's the latest on RAUS getting the weight pushed to 600.

Regards.Thunda.

I left the 4 at Swan Hill to have the annual done and a couple of mods to fit the bar fridge an pool table.

Now tell me ya got more room in the 8.

I've put a plan in on Oz runways

(great thingy that) to visit Lethbridge if there's a chance of a yarn involving RV's and Skybolts.

(no port, still recovering.)

Looks like the quick or the dead!I missed this post, and have a mate that wants to sell his RV4, is looking for something with better short field ability, not necessarily STOL, just a slower/shorter strip requirement.

Sure you don't want two?!!

I've already got two of most things, eyes, ears, hands, feet. ba.... you get me drift, I'm interested in Skybolts though.

I've already got two of most things, eyes, ears, hands, feet. ba.... you get me drift, I'm interested in Skybolts though.

Don't know how I missed this thread back in July?

My mate still wants to sell his RV4, looking for something more like a Lightwing taildragger, although I think he may have been interested in the Allegro....

Has a short grass strip to fly from, not really suitable for an RV.

Don't know how I missed this thread back in July?My mate still wants to sell his RV4, looking for something more like a Lightwing taildragger, although I think he may have been interested in the Allegro....

Get him to talk to me!

Don't know how I missed this thread back in July?My mate still wants to sell his RV4, looking for something more like a Lightwing taildragger, although I think he may have been interested in the Allegro....

We have a Rans S-7S Courier (Tail Wheel), ideal bush aircraft and have been thinking of a change. Maybe an RV4? Flick me your mates details on a PM if he wants to investigate a deal.