Fatal incident in Russia.

Looks like the pilot of the Corvus, stalled while inverted. You can see the sudden pitch, increasing angle of attack followed by a power on spin to the right. Was he really going to try a half roll followed by pull through a half loop? This might cause him to pull the stick back far enough to stall. A simple push while inverted and keep the roll going and he's have been OK.

My AFR instructor reckons you'd be surprise by the number of people who get inverted and simply pull the stick into their laps instead of push or pull to horizon and roll upright.

Aircraft stall when the pilot pulls the stick back too far. Airspeed and attitude have nothing to do with it. The stick is connected to the elevator which controls the angle of attack. I've long thought a direct readout of elevator position, say a rod that sticks up above the glareshield coaming when you pull the stick back to near the position that commands the stall angle would be a good idea.

Yes, I've heard that there is a lot of "unregistered" or Guerilla aviation in Russia. Same in Alaska I'm told and in Australia it begins west of Dalby I'm told also.

This is the problem with official regulation. Unless you have a fair bit of experience it is hard to know which regulations are the ones that prevent crashes and which are bureaucratic rubbish.

Army aviator friend says the Army knows then as "red" and "brown" regulations.

Should I keep my head down I'm camped 100ks west of Dalby at the moment .

Bernie .

• Like 2