Stek. 55 autopilot

What is the general price for a new Stec 55 autopilot??? just the hardware and install costs.separate...?? no extras just the basic install with a lower cost pfd, not the G1000... maybe a G750 or something like that..

The companies that sell them won't put a price on the websites. 

Install costs for example.  172 and the 310 twin... or any other planes... thanks

Edited by j578

The pricing is certainly very coy, and no doubt this is related to the complexity of installation, and the highly variable costs according to each make and model of aircraft.

The figures I have seen bandied around, are "US$10K to US$40K". Obviously, the US$10K is the price of the bare bones Stec 55. The US$40K would be for a complex installation, all-up.

With good used units being offered at US$3500 on eBay, I would opine the figures quoted are reasonably accurate.

Edited by onetrack

7 hours ago, j578 said:

well????

Most of the users on this site are in Australia and New Zealand and although there are also many international participants such as yourself, not many here would be able to answer the specific question you asked.

• Like 1

I bet the upcoming world recession will knock the heck out of some of these avionics prices....including Garmin 

which are absurdly high. Good products but way too high priced.....maybe Garmin will start making a Econo brand of avionics for GA planes and experimental planes... but a good autopilot that behaves well is key....I wouldn't want any plane without one including a 1 seat sport kit plane..

• Informative 1