Rick Wright dies from cancer aged 65

Dieselten

Pink Floyd fans amongst us will be saddened to learn of the death of keyboard player Rick Wright, a founding member of the band, from cancer, at the age of 65.

I could wax lyrical abut how "The Floyd" burst onto the pop scene in the 70s, but we all know how good they were and how timeless their music is, so I won't take up the bandwidth, but just say it is a sad day for all pop music fans who appreciated the huge impact Pink Floyd had on pop music in the 70s and 80s.

RIP, Rick.

I was shocked yesterday 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Pink Floyd and Roger Waters (solo) are the only music I listen to. When Waters came to Melbourne last year I was right in the middle of the 2nd row - ever seen a nearly 50 year old man engulfed in a concert to the point where his wife wanted to sit elsewhere 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Ever seen a 47 year old man engulfed in a concert to the point where his wife & son were just as engulfed too. It was fantastic, we were 3rd row to the right at the Brisbane concert.

Tip: try flying with "Wish you were here" playing in the headphones.

Been a PF fan since ever and will be forever.

Sean.

Guest Wingman98

I LOVE Pink Floyd!! David Gilmour was the reason I took up playing the guitar. I'll never be a patch on him but I still enjoy it. Even in the later years, David and Rick remained good friends, with Rick accompanying David on his last solo tour. What a loss. I even played wish you were here with a bit of a tear in the eyes when I heard.

RIP Rick.

Wade.