What happened to landmann

Yenn

Reading the post about Thruster aerobatics reminded me of landmann's posts. Remember he was using G.S. to judge his landings. I see his last post is dated 21 July. Several of us expressed concern about his tactics. Does anyone know if he is still with us?

Hi Ian,

I assume you're not refering to my post where I indicated I would use G.S. in certain circumstances in my trike at my site due to its turbulent nature. Can have 20kts headwind on final, patches of still air on the strip punctuated by 15kt gusts from the left then the right and so on . . .032_juggle.gif.8567b0317161503e804f8a74227fc1dc.gif

Cheers,

Glen

No eastmeg I wasn't referring to your posts. I was referring to landmann and as tvaner points out he is still with us. Looks as if he is living dangerously or at least has friends who live dangerously in gyrocopters.

Funny aeroplanes those. The pilots all say how well they cope with rough weather but my experience is they all fly at the crack of dawn then when the wind gets up they stop flying. Maybe they don't like sharing the sky with me.

I've been up in one as a passenger in really quite nasty weather (30kts gusting 35). To be honest it felt like it was completely immune to whatever the wind etc was doing.

The guys who fly them at goulburn are often up when other pilots are around, and are very friendly. They handle curious onlookers like me very well too, answering lots of questions about their airplanes.