I Have my Pilot's Certificate :)

Hi Everyone i have to tell you all that i now have my pilots certicicate :)

i have done it in 23.2 Hours dual and 5.3 Hours solo. :) and in doing so i have 4 aircraft endosements Jabiru LSA,160,170 and technam-s :)

after getting my pilots certificate on thursday i went and hired a jab 160 on friday and flew out of ballarat for 1.0hrs. the whole time i was flying i was grinning from ear to ear and was having a hard time comprehending that i was in charge and i could do what i wanted without having to ask the CFI. so i flew all round the 25NM radius of ballarat, done a few fly overs decending to do touch and go's ect...

then i went out to lethbridge today and flew the technam out to bacchus marsh, fly over of geelong, nearly out to torqay and then back to lethbridge using my VNC and the GPS as a backup.

i am booked in for my nav in a couple of weeks so i can go even further.

now who wants a visit :) :) :) :)

well done, great feeling isn't it..

what flying school did you use? I did mine with Roger at Inbound avaition... I have to do my Nav's but have not had time. If your ever looking for someone to go up with give me a yell, i'm from Ballarat. Well for now i'm heading back to Shepparton in the next few months...

Dave

well done, I will now reminis 1984 got my ppl restricted, 1986 unrestricted my final flight b4 test solo,:thumb_up: was from port lincoln to adelaide international for a landing then on to kangaroo island for a landing then back to lincoln,then in 1987 did the night flying times for night rating but the ADF instrument failed so did not get the ticket but one day maybe.:thumb_up:

hi all thanks for the replies. I done mine in a few stages. Started in 2000 with rudi in ballarat then when he closed I gave it up for a while but got back into it 12 months ago at inbound ( we probably know each other dave ) but unfortunately they have shut up shop as well so I had to go out to lethbridge airpark with CFI Bruce vickers who is a great instructor and complete my certificate hence the reason for being endorced on 4 types.

Can't wait to do the navs. I am hoping to have them done before the 29 of this month so I can hire the 230 out of ballarat (inbound) and fly it home to melton on the Friday and commute each day of the weekend to the lethbridge flyin.

I will have to pop up oneday soon dave so we can go for a scoot around ballarat.

Onya Adrian

Yeah Mate, thats great well done...! I know the feeling you describe as I have only achieved my certificate in june this year with navs etc. and today I was hiring the schools Tecnam . A short flight from Lynfield north to Watts Bridge for some circuit practise for an hour or so and back to home base. I couldn't find a pax for todays flight to go sight seeing with so I thought nothing wrong with going for some self inflicted training . Currently I'm doing my best to fly once a fortnight, mostly for fun but also to keep working on flying correctly and keeping to the required proceedures, radio etc. and I can tell you ,I've become a lot more relaxed and comfortable as pic and Iam absolutely luvin it !

Cheers and all the best

JimG

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all it gets better :) . i have completed my X Country. i also done these in the minimum hours and am competent to say the least. got off track twice but picked up on it early and recovered, one time was due to equipment failure, having said that my in flight calcs where good ect and can not wait to get up for a little X Country (What i hear you say) yep i will be off around the local area visiting here and there clocking up the hours. one of the most important things for me was the planning,keeping an eye on the map and keeping the numbers right. i can not believe you can fly 50-60Nm and fly straight over a waypoint feels like a great achievement

having said that there are a few things i am unsure about so a friend of mine who has his GA ticket will be accompanying me on those flights so i can pick his brains (for the likes of tracking coastal through the edge of the GAAP zone (i know you are not suppose to but having talked to a few pilots this is ok as a Raa Pilot as long as you ask Moorabbin, going deep under CTA around coldstream Ect).

well

Who Wants A Visit 114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif

Congratulations. If you'd like to have lunch at Yarra Glen one day, I could meet you at Lilydale airstrip. Lovely flight from YLED down towards Barwon Heads, over Port Phillip Heads, GMH to YLIL. Home via Kilmore, over Bacchus Marsh or if the confidence is up you could fly Coastal Route past the CBD. Approx. 2.2 hours round trip. Coastal misses Moorabbin airspace if you plan it right.

024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif 024_cool.gif.e4faea8b8d6d5d6e548e269d4b8acbd2.gif

hi all, probably to much confidence thats why i want my mate to flank me for a while, funny the coastal thing was mentioned, this is where i wanted to go but was un sure of.

yarra glen give me few weeks and i will be there... will keep ya posted.