Newbie from Tooradin

PeterW

Hi Everyone, I am a student at Tooradin (YTDN) and went solo just a few weeks ago. I first got hooked on flight simulator X last year and eventually joined an online flying group and proceeded to do a radio training course online through the simulator. My wife then gave me an aerobatic flight in a Tiger Moth at Tooradin for Christmas last year which I took earlier this year. After this and the flight simulator I was hooked and started my first lesson in May this year. I started with the Jabiru J-160 and I am now flying the Jabiru J-170. My aim is to achieve my RA-Aus Pilot Certificate and go on to complete the Cross Country Endorsement. I am having a great time and enjoy flying so much, it seems like an eternity between lessons. Thanks have to go to my instructor Ian for his patience and his incredible skills as a pilot which I think has played a big part in my enjoyment of learning to fly.

Peter

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pop-top

My parents just moved to Warneet, so I'm hoping one day when I can fly a little further (I'm currently In Adelaide) I'll be able to pop into Tooradin and have some lunch then fly back!

Is it a nice area to fly in? I know it certainly looks lovely

Is it a nice area to fly in? I know it certainly looks lovely

That's probably my fault because I built the flying school website, took the photos and wrote all the text!

Guest Pop-top

I hadn't actually seen the site, I was referring to the terrain... you got me intrigued so I checked out your site. It's nice and easy to navigate however, I couldn't find a picture gallery or scenic shots of the area, Is that what you were referring to?

Either way, I've driven round the area before and always wondered if its a good view from up there? I'd have been flying and training out of Tooradin if I hadn't had to move to Adelaide.

Good call, there aren't really any scenery shots there, just lots of aircraft and bits and pieces. Most of our nicer scenery is south of the field on the coast near Phillip Island - I guess I haven't been down there to take many shots. I'll get onto that when I get back to Melbourne in the next week or two. Thanks for the idea.

I don't think I'd fly from Darwin to the restaurant, but it is pretty good, especially the Sunday breakfast buffet, it puts me over mtow every time. :confused:

Guest Pop-top

would genuinely love to see the scenic shots if you get the time :)

Ill be visiting the area around January so might check out that Sunday buffet! is there information about the restaurant anywhere online that you could point me to?