Hi guys

Guest MrDyll

Hi 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Im from vic. 14 and have just started my ppl at bendigo aerodrome with bendigo aviation services. nothing but praise for those guys. hope to get my cpl and fly charters and joy flight. and i also would love to get an aerobatic endorsement.

Young Pilot.

Hi MrDyll,098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif,

Good on you and keep it up,you have given yourself a good start by begining so young.

A student of mine started his flying career by becoming the youngest person in Australia to obtain an Ultralight certificate,he achieved this at the age of 15 years and nine days and to my knowledge he still holds this honour.

He then went to General Aviation to continue his training and the last time I spoke to him he was flying for Quantas as co-pilot in the 747,by now he is probably,pilot in command.

All the very best to you for the future.

Cheers,

Frank.

wow thats awsome. i flew an ultralight once. very fun. makes you feel like your flying even more with the open sides and everything

Hi Mrdyll, yep at 14 you couldn't do any better than going down the RAA path. My 14 year old son is about to do the same thing with the same outcomes planned, he turns 15 in March and the plan is to get the R A certificate as close to his 15th birthday, then get him to cross over to GA when he is old enough to enjoy the privileges of a GA licence.

Age limits from memory are

RAA certificate 15

GA solo 16

GA PPL 17

CPL 18

ATPL 21

Talk to your career co-ordinator at school and see if you can get any Certificates in Aviation as your selectives from grade 10 on (could help later if you are going to go to uni) Airlines do look for a tertiary qualification but doesn't have to be in Aviation itself, so if your planning a degree down the track and it is not in aviation you may be able to use the certificates gained towards your minors... Good luck and happy flying:welcome: