Thruster dacron wing skins

Guest anothergimp

Guest anothergimp

I fly a Thruster Tst in the UK.Made in 1989, serial # 8029-TST-118.

The wing skins are getting old and worn out. Please can anyone tell me who makes the skins in Australia. I have been told that they are still made by the original sailmaker ( Kevin Mitchell I Think ).

The thruster factory/dealer is closing down/selling up in the UK so I would like to buy direct from Australia because it may be some time before another dealer becomes fully operational.

Any help with the contact details will be of great help to the UK thruster operators.

(edited to simply remove the post as a calendar event - Ian)

• 2 weeks later...

i have been trying to get on to the tosg website but it seems to be down and notice that Tony has been quite for a while.

Has he changed the link or something?

oz

Guest TOSGcentral

Hi,

I am back (Tony Hayes). I will be putting out a lot of Thruster info later today but first to address a couple of points here.

1. I have arranged with Wayne Fisher to supply Dacron Thruster skins and TOSG is assisting him with type identification to do this (see contact link from TechMan above)

2. Kevin Mitchel is now retired. Ultralam skins are therefore not available in Oz any longer. Wayne may take them on and they may be available in UK to support the T600 range.

3. The UK Thruster factory has been sold to two new owners but Gordon Pil is still involved. TOSG is in contact with them to secure parts for Oz.

4. The Oz Thruster factory now appears to be completely defunct.

Tony

Guest TOSGcentral

The TOSG web site is down. My ISP went broke and then I found they had done a shonky with my domain name. I am in the process of getting it all set up again but it is going to take a few weeks yet.

Tony

Tony

If your website traffic isn't that great I can offer TOSG hosting for free on an Australian server where this site is hosted - PM me if this is of any help!